Everyone is an Artist.

Everyone is an Artist.

A Story by eversosweetly
"

We are all capable of creativity. Art is a part of who we are in our everyday lives. This is my "artist's creed", so to speak. I hope it inspires you to creativity in your own life.

"

“Everyone is an artist. Each person brings sound out of silence and coaxes the invisible to become visible.” �"John O’Donohue

I have a bad case of idealism. I have always (rather romantically) thought of art as the overflow of the cup of our soul. The things we create are tangible evidence of what we have received. We are inspired by ancient mountains, and we create magnificent cathedrals. We are inspired by the stillness of the morning fog and we pen a quiet poem. We are are inspired by love for our children, and take great care to decorate a birthday cake just right.


I believe art can be anything, large or small, magnificent or meek. It should not be limited to a painting in a gallery, nor should it be limited to the sort of people who go to art galleries. Art reflects us. Art is found in a handmade doll. It is a hand-crafted violin. It is a finely-sharpened sword. It is song. It is dance. It is a picture book. It is a home-cooked meal. It is spray-painted on the side of a building. It is poetry. It is prose. It is your blog entry. It is a handmade valentine from a little daughter to her daddy. It is a photograph. It is our homes, our gardens, our Christmas trees. We all have the capacity to acknowledge, enjoy, and produce art, no matter who we are or where we’re from.


Art doesn’t have to be fancy. It just has to be something tangible that pours out of us. This is why handmade items are very near and dear to my heart. I love humble, everyday art. Even if it doesn’t last very long or gets worn out from use. I want to capture your imagination. I want to evoke your sense of wonder. I want to make you smile. I want to make you think. I want to remind you of what’s really important in life. I want it to sit on your dresser or hang on your wall until it becomes a part of your everyday life. It is what is in front of us every day that affects us the most�"and that’s where I want my art to be.

© 2010 eversosweetly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
Added on September 27, 2010
Last Updated on September 27, 2010

Author

eversosweetly
eversosweetly

TN



About
Hello there. I'm a bit new here. I've posted a few pieces I have made in the past to get started. I hope they inspire you. I have written poetry and essays before, but I have never seriously pursue.. more..

Writing