Ballots Not Bullets, Confrontive of Eric Trump

Ballots Not Bullets, Confrontive of Eric Trump

A Story by Evyn Rubin
"

Defeat David Duke at the Ballot Box, along with Donald Trump! No to violence and threats of violence!

"

I was shocked by Eric Trump's recent remarks, glibly spouting that David Duke deserves to be shot.  I am a sharp critic of David Duke's politics but I also  want to condemn and disempower Eric Trump's utterance.  I want no harm to come to David Duke, but I want him and his politics totally defeated at the polls in Louisiana, along with Trump's politics defeated at the polls nationwide. 


David Duke is a diametric opponent of mine politically but I want him to have his full rights because I believe in human rights and civil rights. 


What is wrong with Eric Trump that he spoke as he did?  That threats of gun violence were so on the tip of his tongue? 


He was trying to distance his father's campaign from David Duke, but he couldn't articulate anything better than threats of shooting him?   His remarks were irresponsible to say the least.


Today is election day in the U.S.  I have  partisan hopes for the Democrats, nationally for Clinton, and for the Democrats in Arizona where I am voting, and elsewhere.  In Louisiana, I wish David Duke would get zero votes, only because it is not possible to get a negative number.  I also want our elections to be safe and orderly for everyone, everywhere. 


2


I was disppointed, last week, that David Duke was  predicted to have  5.1 per cent of the vote in Louisiana, and was therefore allowed to participate in the debate of their senatorial candidates. I was glad there was a good strong protest, and want to add my protest, and my objections to his remarks.


Duke's comment regarding Black Lives Matter was a defamation. Black Lives Matter simply does not want to kill cops, as Duke claimed, although they are indeed engaged in a fight with the police.  Black Lives Matter emerged as a response to the spike in deaths of Black people, black youth, on the street, by police. 


Duke has defamed Black Lives Matter and falsified its message, to cast them as a danger, and therefore a suitable target for control or even hateful violence.  To defend them from this defamation does not mean I agree with the entirety of their position papers.  Nor do I need  to idealize them, to defend them from Duke's distortion.


David Duke is against Black people's struggle for civil rights because he is for white supremacy.  Duke regards the Black civil rights movement as the spawn of a Jewish communist conspiracy.  He has long worked to discredit Martin Luther King.

  

Duke revealed his compulsive anti-Semitism during the debate, as well.  Duke tried to dismiss the sexual aggressor tape of Trump as the work of CNN Jews. The moderator inquired into this, trying to puzzle out his illogic.   


David Duke is the political heir to the anti-Semitism of Henry Ford. If you don't like something, trace it back to a Jewish source, real or imagined -- that is the methodology that Ford disseminated in his mass produced propaganda, long ago. Duke did not like it, that an incriminating video of Trump had surfaced, so he linked it to some Jews, gratuitously, to dismiss it. David Duke is a master of scapegoating, among his faults.


I will be interested to see if his numbers have dropped in the actual voting today, since his presence in the debate may have worked against him.


***** 


Post script: Yes, David Duke's numbers did drop substantially, to a little over one per cent. 


I also found the answer to my question, Why would Eric Trump have made such a remark?!  Eric Trump is a big active gun-lover, advertising expensive rifles, hunting exotic animals, in Africa.  Here is the link to examine that, but if you like big cats, a warning. 


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/did-eric-trump-try-to-trade-firearms-on-the-internet.html


I think he ought to loose his license to own a gun, on the basis of his irresponsible, dangerous, and trigger-happy  public comment.  By dangerous, I am not only referring to the danger toward his intended target, but also the danger of contagion when threats of violence are put into the public arena, even when done glibly and not literally.  

© 2016 Evyn Rubin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on November 6, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016
Tags: election 2016, guns, gun control, threats, Eric Trump, Donald Trump, David Duke, anti-Semitism, racism