For Babba

For Babba

A Poem by Barbara Walker
"

For a kindred soul

"
Across the miles,
across the sea,
stretching out our hands,
across the lands,
with different native tongues
and customs,
but our laughter,
knows no boundaries
and our hearts
speak the language
of humanity.

© 2013 Barbara Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Barbara, you and I can truly appreciate the wonder of technology that allows us to make friends all over the world. Just a short time ago (to you and me) we were constrained by vast distances that limited our choices and kept us from experiencing new cultures through faraway friends. I think this poem has special meaning to those of our generation. Very well said!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Craig!
When i saw the email notification and read the message i was (still am) excited and trembling not just because it was a piece dedicated to me, but of the realization of the fact that our often unnoticed kindness and concern to people could have and make such an impact.

Twice i tried to submit a review and twice tears flooded my eyes and got overtaken by emotions to stop... I have learned a lot being on writerscafe but today i guess i learned the ultimate lesson..THAT THE IMPACT OF BEING NICE AND KIND TO PEOPLE KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES AND IT'S FELT ACROSS THE LANDS AND SEAS". On writerscafe i have made not just friends, but real friends, in a rare twist of fate (my mother is late) but by age in Barbara i find a mum and by her inner spirit she is my kid sister lol!.

No other words could i mention to describe what i truly feel right now (and will continue to feel for the rest of mine life) but thank you, thank you so much Barbara....Thank you Barbara, Thank you writerscafe for the platform.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

10 Years Ago

Oh, Babba!
A beautiful and hopeful poem. I have been telling people for many years. World is getting smaller. In the end. One people and one planet. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

10 Years Ago

You are so right, my friend! Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013
Tags: customs, language, humanity

Author

Barbara Walker
Barbara Walker

Lake Havasu City, AZ



About
I am retired from the Postal Service. I find I write poetry to help myself through difficult times and I have written many poems in response to the chronic pain I've been living with for over 30 year.. more..

Writing