My Downfall

My Downfall

A Poem by Barbara Walker
"

self explanatory-humorous

"

Numerous lessons I have learned;

many were extremely hard-earned,

but, there is irony in all of this-

you could compare it to a first kiss.

 

What is it, I have found?

Those same circumstances don't come around.

What can I do with this experience, amassed?

What can I do with this wisdom, so vast?

 

Why, I could share it with the younger set.

They would appreciate it, I bet!

However, my memory was my downfall-

I'd forgotten that teenagers know it all!

© 2012 Barbara Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

its something that no one can take away from you and kids will be kids, even you.
Nice work, well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
I'd forgotten that teenagers know it all!
~ this statement made me smile :) yes they do and its hard to understand them sometimes..but not all... guess getting older..experienced are great wisdom that we the youngones and youngone at heart still needed that wisdom...

wonderful thought-provoking message.

Posted 11 Years Ago


hey! I am a teen and I don't know it all!

lol :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know right. Its so true. I have slowly come to realize as I am older how little I know in relation to the perfect understanding of everything but teenagers do think they know it all

Posted 11 Years Ago


so true...I KNEW everything when I was seventeen..now, apparently I am clueless

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww..ehhehe..thats so wonderfully written..humorous..:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


aha,very funny and humourous .great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
Barbara,
Its been your response to a poem of mine that has brought me back to the cafe. You speak of being a novice in the arena of poets and prose, and yet your heart contains the essence of good writing without any schooling. As others have said in response to some of your other poems; you are crafting from your heart and soul and thus creating a unique vision of you; your pain, your agony, your joys and applause for what you believe in. This all becomes your poetry and reaches out and touches each one of us in the same area of our souls that create what and who we are. So don't let unschooling dampen your resolve to explore your heartfelt longing to evolve and display who you really are. This poem written in rhyme and meter is well worked. I hope you found these words to compose this poem able to flow easily from your pen. That would indicate a natural aptitude for writing in rhyme.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love poems who's message is clear and comprehensible. You have the talent for writing such poetry. Fun to read and makes the reader want to look for more.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 19, 2012

Author

Barbara Walker
Barbara Walker

Lake Havasu City, AZ



About
I am retired from the Postal Service. I find I write poetry to help myself through difficult times and I have written many poems in response to the chronic pain I've been living with for over 30 year.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why bother Why bother

A Poem by emmajoy