Catch Me Falling For You

Catch Me Falling For You

A Story by Amanda
"

He didn't have friends but she was hoping he'd make an exception.

"

They were friends, but mostly not. He was like a satellite orbiting Earth-always there but hardly noticeable. She talked to him. He simply answered questions.

 

With his dark skin and the dark hair and the dark eyes he was nothing but mysterious. Only she saw that his eyes were a curt brown that caught her breath. Only she saw the short black hair slightly curling at the nape of his neck. He didn't have friends but she was hoping he'd make an exception.

 

He didn't.

 

She asked him what party he went to or what movie he saw. She'd see him one Friday night and they'd talk. He'd hold her hand as they crossed the street. She'd think it meant more. He'd catch a firefly and hand it to her. She'd laugh as it tickled her arm. They'd reach her house and stand beneath the glow of the porch light. An awkward silence and then a pat on the shoulder.

 

"See you later," he'd say over his shoulder as he walked away. She'd go to her room and fall onto her bed in frustration.

 

3 weeks pass and he doesn't say anything. School ends and she walks home with a drag in her heart. He calls her name and catches up to her. He smiles and she imagines the two of them walking home in the rain together-clothes soaked but happy they had each other.

 

He asks her which party she's going to tonight. She tells him she doesn't know. He mentions something about ice cream and would she like to get some? But he tells her to bring her friends so her hope falls. She decides she's not in the mood and runs up the steps her to front door, not bothering to say goodbye. He walks home wishing he had some courage.

 

The first day of summer is spent at the beach. Friends, enemies, people she didn't know-they all were part of the same place. True feelings forgotten for the joys of life. He shows up and looks for her. She pretends her breath doesn't catch in her throat. A boy comes over and begins to flirt. She does too just to see if he's watching. He ignores the pain in his heart and goes home. He tells himself she's too good for him anyways.

 

The next 3 months are spent in Europe. She meets a guy, falls in love, then falls out of it. She couldn't imagine anyone but him. She wishes she had the courage to tell him but she's miles away and plus-he didn't like her anyways.

 

School starts and they're both seniors. She sees him in class and says hi. He asks how her summer was. This time she's the one answering questions. She tells him about Europe and love and how she missed him. He asks her why she missed him.

 

"Because," she had said with that sophisticated tone of hers "-you're my friend and I like being with you."

 

He tells her she's beautiful and smart and everything else. She asks him why he never asked her out.

 

"You never said you wanted me to."

 

Then he kissed her. And she kissed back.

© 2010 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
Wrote this around December (maybe?). Isn't the best, but definitely not the worst.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute lil story. The ending was espically cute :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


That was really adorable!
I love the emotion you put into this.
Very sweet.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a cute boy meets girl story. Both playing hard to get at different times. Finally coming together in the end. I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2010
Last Updated on March 29, 2010

Author

Amanda
Amanda

Richardson , TX



About
I love to write-it's one of my passions. I love marching band-anything with music really. And I enjoy art. more..

Writing
It's Up to You It's Up to You

A Story by Amanda