The Things She Hid

The Things She Hid

A Story by TheHiddenandForgotten
"

You never really know a person

"
She comes home from school and cries out all the smiles she's faked. She doesn't get that she's not the only one who feels like this. She doesn't understand that there is help and it doesn't have to end like this. She has smiled, to make you think she was happy. She laughed so you didn't see her cry. She went through something not everyone could see. Things were going crazy and she had no one to blame but herself.
She wanted a reason to stay, to keep believing that the pain was misleading. That everything was perfect and that no one had hurt her. She just wanted a day to go by where she didn't have to pretend to be happy. People think she's so strong because she pretends that nothings wrong. But no one really knows what she's going through or what runs through her mind day and night. 
She's decided that she's had enough. That she didn't want the world to cause her anymore pain. So she pulls out the letter she's written time and time again and cuts for one last time. She sees the blood running her arms and wonders if this makes the people who hurt her feel more like a man. She pulls the trigger, and all you hear is the sound. Congratulations society, now she's dead.

© 2015 TheHiddenandForgotten


Author's Note

TheHiddenandForgotten
Please review! I would love to hear what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all, I pray this is just a story and not an actual suicide note. I hope every thing is ok. Secondly, if all is ok excellent piece of prose. I would like to know if you decided to expand it more what brought her to this place of cutting and then eventual suicide. Unfortunately, this piece speaks all too well of what is going on in the world today.

Posted 10 Years Ago


heart-touching effort for current civilisation.........


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 2, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2015
Tags: depressing, depression, depressed, suicide, self harm, cutting, secrets

Author

TheHiddenandForgotten
TheHiddenandForgotten

GA



About
A one-stop destination for all the Satta Matka players. Our authentic result website satta chart offers the fastest matka live results for all the Satta Matka Bazar, their accurate timing, bhav rates,.. more..

Writing