High School is Murder

High School is Murder

A Story by Megan
"

The first Vampire story I've written -- A night unlike any other, high school seniors break into the school right before graduation to have an all night party...but something goes terribly wrong.

"

        

5:03 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “Reports of lights on at Blackstone High after hours.” The voice said over the police radio, “Available officer, please report.”

Officer Marshall reporting,” Marshall responded, setting down his coffee, “ETA five minutes.” He flipped on his lights and headed to the school, leaving the siren off.

Pulling into the parking lot, he noticed a few cars, one of which belonged to his daughter. /Kami!!/ He thought, his brow furrowing in slight anger at his daughter for being at the school. He stepped out of his squad car and pulled out his flashlight, walking towards the large school building. The light in one of the classrooms was on, illuminating the ground next to the door. Whistling quietly, he tried the main door, pulling it open.


11:47 p.m. - May 16, 2008


        “Come on!” Alex Boston said quietly, grinning as he pulled out the key and opened the door to Blackstone High.

“I don't know if we should do this...” Kami Marshall spoke up as the door opened, tucking her long brown hair behind her right ear. Her voice was the only one disagreeing with these actions, so she tried to silence her uneasy mind.

“Kammmmmmmmmi!!” Jesse Carter whined, tugging on her arm, pulling her into the school, “All the cool seniors do it. Right before graduation, every year!”

“Yeah, so are you cool, or aren't you?” Alex said, arching his brow, his grin widening as he shut the door behind them. Once inside the school, the seniors chased each other down the halls, the lights from their flashlights bouncing off the walls as they went running down past classrooms and lockers until they reached the large gymnasium.

“I'll get the lights.” Lisa Noble said, using her flashlight to find her way across the gym and turning on the lights. The gym was instantly illuminated by florecent lighting, the wooden floors and bleachers glinting slightly in the light. The sound of squeaking shoes on the floors came, followed by laughter.


12: 08 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        A tall teenager ran down the street, his eyes continuously glancing over his shoulders, watching frantically. The light from the street lamps illuminated his way, but he quickly ran out from underneath them and headed towards the school, silently cursing himself. He ran into the parking lot, then up to the building, trying several doors. In an act of final desperation he tried the main door, finding it gave easily under his arms. He darted inside, rushing to a classroom and peering out the window.

“Did you think you could run, boy?” A voice said, followed by a few laughs. The boy spun around, his eyes wide with fear, seeing a trio of boys.

“See...we can follow you anywhere. Stupid mortals, like you, can't seem to stay, oh what's the word?” The tallest one said, his voice soft, a grin on his face.

“Low profile?” The one who had spoken first said, laughing at the expression on the boys face.

“Mortals? What are you talking about?”

“What, you don't know?” The colorful haired man crowed, stepping in to close the door behind the three.

“I think he is just pretending...we all know that he saw us..just a few minutes ago, don't you think so Dill?” The slightly deep voice sounded again.

“Draining her dry....oh yes, I do believe he did.” Dillon responded, then looked towards the colorful haired vampire, “Right, Christian?”

“Oh yeah...he did.” Christian laughed, “And I think that Skull would agree.”

“Look, you are just sick or something, vampires don't exist!” The boy said, clutching his stomach as he watched the three laugh and talk.

“What did you just say?” Dillon hissed, eyes narrowed as he took a step towards the boy.

“Vampires don't exist.” The boy said quietly, falling to the ground as Dillon rushed forward and hit him full in the face.

“Then what are we?” Dillon snarled, his fangs bared at the boy who cowered on the floor before him.

“I don't know!!” He said after a few moments of staring at the trio.

“Here, I'll help you.” Christian said, stepping forward to the boy, “Say it with me... 'Vamp'.” He waited for the boy to speak.

“Vamp...” He said slowly,

“'ire'. Vampire.” Christian said with a laugh,

“Vampire...?”

“Yeah..good job. He's teachable!!” Skull laughed, his laugh reverberating off his vocal cords. “Now.. which one of us did you see drinking?”

“All of you.” The boy said, getting to his feet, glaring at the vampires. “You killed my sister " in a matter of seconds!!”

All three vampires laughed, “No, it was more like..a minute.” Skull said with a grin.

“You're monsters!”

“Now now boy! Not all of us are monsters...” Dillon said, frowning.

“Yeah, Dill is more...'feed when you have the need' type. We, on the other hand, are monsters.” Christian said, gesturing to Skull and himself.

“Well,” Dillon said, dragging out the word, “I'm not like that all the time.”

“Good thing too, otherwise we wouldn't be hanging out with you.” Christian laughed, then turned his eyes to the boy again. “Now..how to deal with you.”

“Just let me go!”

“We could.....” Skull said, looking thoughtful, “But...”

“We just can't.” Christian finished.

“Why?!” The boy asked, his eyes widening.

“I know what they'll say,” Dillon said, grinning and making quotes with his fingers, “'Where's the fun in that?'”

Christian and Skull both laughed, and the sound chilled the boy. “Which one of us do you want to drain you?” Skull asked, toying with him, “and say you have a choice in the matter.”

“Him.” The boy responded after a moment, pointing at Dillon.

“Why him?” Christian whined, sounding hurt.

“Because..he won't toy with me.” The boy snapped back, glaring at Christian.

“Which one of us would you absolutely hate to drain you?” Christian asked, his eyes glinting.

“Skull.” The boy said flatly, remembering that the screams had intensified from his sisters body when Skull began feeding.

“Looks like I'll be the one to drain you then.” Christian laughed, grabbing the boy and bending him backwards so that he was off balance, his neck arched to show the pulsing blood rushing through his arteries. Christian lowered his fangs to the boys neck, piercing the flesh and sucking at the blood. A strangled cry came up from the boy, but his body slowly went limp, crashing to the floor the instant Christian let go of him. The other vampires were already by the door of the classroom, looking towards Christian when they all three heard a noise. A very distinctive noise. That of voices, the sound of feet on the floor, running, laughing. Christian and Skull grinned, and Dillon waved them on. Mortals were here. Why, it would be a shame if they couldn't get their fill tonight.

“Come on, Marsha!” A voice pleaded, almost whining, “Just one kiss, that's all.”

“No, James.” She responded quietly. Interest lit up Christian's face and he headed towards the two.

“So, all the flirting and nothing to follow it up? You're pathetic!” James said, turning and walking away. Christian could see her now, long blonde hair flowing over her shoulders, a sad look on her face. She was simply beautiful, and he grinned, walking closer and closer. /Oh, I'll get a kiss out of you.../ He thought, stretching out his hand for her.




5:15 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        Officer Marshall pushed the doors open, slipping inside. He walked into the classroom on his right, where the light was on. He looked over everything, not noticing anything out of the ordinary when he froze, seeing something that chilled this man to the bone. An arm extended from behind a desk and he walked forward slowly, glancing behind the desk. A crumpled body lay there, the body of Jimmie Mist. He backed away, grabbing his radio. “Backup! I need backup!!” He shouted into it.

What is your location?”

Blackstone High!” He said, rushing out of the building.


12:39 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “Where's Marsha?” Lisa asked James as he walked into the gym.

“She's out there.” He said, pointing out the door. He walked over to his small group of friends and sat down angrily.

“Shut you down again, did she?” Alex laughed.

“Shut up!” James said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“It's okay, dude, it happens to the best of us.” Jesse said, sitting down next to James and putting his hand on James' shoulder.

“Get off me man!” James said, rolling his shoulder in frustration.

“Okay, okay!” Jesse said, scooting away and giving Alex a look.

“Is she coming back in?” Lisa asked, walking over to the group.

“I have no clue, ask her yourself!” James snapped, standing up and glaring down at her, pointing in the general direction of the doorway.

“Fine, geez!” she said, walking across the gym floor.

She walked out and looked around, “Marsha?” There was no sign of her..anywhere. /Maybe she left../ She thought, shrugging and walking back into the gym. She didn't notice the bloody hand print on the wall, the fingers drug out, leading to the girls locker room.


“Lisa..” Marsha whispered, her eyes staring at the exit of the locker room, but she was to afraid to move, the boy crouched down in front of her simply smiled.

“Marsha.” Christian said, dragging out the name. She nodded, not speaking. He reached out, fingers brushing up against her blood stained hair, then down across her naked shoulder. Her shirt was torn, fang marks traveling up her arm, stopping a few inches away from her neck. Her lips looked bruised from the blood that was smeared across them. Her blood. “A typical mortal name.” He laughed, grabbing her hand and pulling her to her feet as he stood.

“Are you going to let me go now?” she asked softly, eyes wide.

“Would you like that?”

“Yeah..I really would.”

“What will you tell your friends?” He asked curiously, arching his brow.

Silence met his question, and she looked down at the ground. “The truth..?” She finally said, it sounding more like a question than she intended.

“Now, that won't work! They might believe you and run, making my friends not have any luck tonight, and vampires aren't very happy when they can't have blood.”

“Friends?” She echoed, her voice hollow.

“Yeah...didn't I tell you about them?” He grinned, squeezing her hand gently. She shook her head. “Oh, well, there is Skull, oldest of us all, and Dillon, he is a rather nice vampire. Most of the time.”

“And what are you?”

“Well, I'm Christian, and I am...not sure what I am.” He said, frowning.

“Maybe you should figure it out.” She whispered, trying to pull away from him, wincing as his fingers tightened around her hand.

“Perhaps I should.” His voice was harsh and cold, and she tried to pull away from him even more. “Do you honestly believe that I am going to let you go?”

“I can hope, can't I?” Her arm was aching from pulling so hard against him, but he held onto her easily with one hand. He laughed, shaking his head gently for a moment.

“Mortals...” He grinned, stepping over to her, bending his arm so that she couldn't back away from him. “You are so amusing.” He licked his bottom lip as his eyes traveled across her face and down to her throat, watching the pulse as it throbbed beneath the skin.

“I....please...” She whispered, her body trembling as his grip tightened. “Please, just let me go! I won't tell anyone, I'll just leave.”

“But...how can I trust you? You've got these...so they might believe you if you ever tell anyone.” He ran his other hand down her arm, brushing over the bleeding fang marks.

“I won't! I promise you!” Her voice was panic filled as he pulled her closer to him, his fangs jutting out over his bottom lip. “Please, you have to believe me!”

“Mortals lie all the time to save their pathetic lives, why are you any different?” She never got a chance to answer, his mouth was on her throat, fangs piercing into the flesh. With an ecstatic groan he pulled her to the ground with him, her blood pumping into his mouth, the flow slowing down as her heart stuttered and finally quit beating.

“Christian.” Skull's voice came from behind Christian and he looked up. Skull stood there, beckoning at the other vampire. Dillon stood slightly behind Skull, looking towards the swinging doors leading to the gymnasium, where the sound of laughter and talking flowed through them.

“Yeah?” Christian responded, standing and smoothing out his shirt, looking from the lifeless body of Marsha to his friend, his brow arched.

“Wanna have some fun?”

“Yeah, sounds exhilarating.”

“What about you?” Skull asked, looking at Dillon.

“I'll wait...I'm sure I'll get my fill.” Dillon siad, glancing over his shoulder at the two. “Just save a bit for me.”

“You're sure?” Christian asked.

“Yeah, you two have fun.”

“Just wait, I'm sure they will scatter....” Skull said, smirking.

“If their minds will work long enough for them to run.” Christian laughed, bumping his shoulder against Skulls, a wicked gleam in his eyes.

“You make it sound like we are terrifiying or something.” Skull said and all three vampires laughed.

“Or something..” Dillon said as he watched Skull and Christian walk into the gymnasium, slipping through the doors quietly.


1:02 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        Kami lay on the floor, eyes closed. “Sleeping already?” Alex said, sitting down next to her.

“No..just resting.” She replied, looking at him. She smiled, “I think I might actually have fun tonight...just had to get over the whole breaking and entering thing.”

“'Cause of your dad?” He said, looking around. “And besides, it's not breaking in, we had a key. There is a difference.”

She laughed, “Yeah, but not where the law is concerned. And my dad won't take to kindly to all of us being here, you know that.”

“Well, I think your dad is a bit to high strung when it comes to these things, “ He said, “but you can take the heat for all of us!” He smirked, then lifted his hand, rubbing it against the side of her face, his eyes softening.

“Alex...” She said, sitting up.

“Don't.”

“It's just that, we aren't, you know, together anymore.”

“Don't you ever think that it might have been a mistake?”

“What, us breaking up?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I don't know, I don't really think about it.”

He leaned over, kissing her gently on the mouth, “Well, think about it.” He said softly, getting to his feet.

“Who are you?” The voice came from across the gym and both Kami and Alex looked over towards the doors. Two boy's stood there, hands at their sides. One was dressed in solid black, his arms and face were uncovered, the skin very pale compared to the darkness that was covering the rest of his body. His black hair fell softly across his forehead, stopping a little ways above his eyes, which were also dark but had a red tint to them. The other was dressed as any teenager would be, faded jeans and a black tee shirt with blue splatter marks on it, but his hair made him stand out. Streaks of red, orange, purple, pink, black and blonde ran through the light brown hair that was smoothed out over his green eyes, completely covering his right one.

“I'm Skull.” The one in black said, drumming the fingers of his right hand on his leg, “And that's Christian.” He jerked his chin towards the other boy.

“What are you doing in here?” Izzy's voice said and both boy's turned their heads to look at her, Skull's eyes locking on her's.

“Would you like the truth?” He asked, stepping forward. He was in front of her in an instant, his hand touching her cheek.

“Uh..yeah.” She said, stepping back so that he no longer touched her. “If you're gonna tell us to get out and go home....”

“No no no, I'm not going to say anything like that.” He said quietly, smiling down at her.

“Then why are you here? You guys aren't students.” She pressed, tilting her head to the side as she looked at him.

“We're going to kill you all.” He whispered, turning around to look at the rest of the students that were gathered there.

“Uh..right, very funny.” Izzy said, laughing.

“What did he say?” Alex spoke up, helping Kami to her feet.

“He said he was gonna kill us all.”

“No, I said we are going to kill you all.” Skull said, frowning as the students laughed.

“You think we are kidding or something?” Christian snapped, glaring at Izzy. She stopped laughing after a few moments of his withering gaze.

“You are kidding...right?” She asked, clearing her throat nervously as Skull looked at her with a grin.

“Wrong.” He said, watching as her face went from cheerful to terrified, the blood draining from it, making her almost as pale as he was. She spun around, faster than he had thought possible for a mortal and darted across the gym. Christian unsheathed two long knives and advanced on the small group of boy's, a smile on his face.

“You're kidding...you have to be kidding.” Jesse said, tripping over his feet as he scrambled back, away from the group.

“Why would I be kidding?” Christian said, licking his lips as he got closer.

“Because...like....murderers...”

“Murderers what?”

“They don't, you know, tell their victims their names.”

“Or let the victims get a good look at them.” James shrugged.

“So you're kidding with this knife stuff.” Jesse added, eyeing the knives held in Christian's hands.

“No, he's not.” Skull laughed, pulling out a curved knife and rushing forward, the blade slicing across the chest of Eli Boss.

“Stop it!” Kami suddenly found herself screaming as the knife cut Eli again and again. She took a step forward but Alex wrapped his arms around her.

“Come on, we've got to run.” Alex said, his voice shaking.

“We can't just leave them!”

“Yeah we can!!” Izzy said, running out the door, followed closely by Cilla.

“I...I..we--”

“Have to go!” Alex pressed, grabbing her hand and running out the doors. The screaming followed them as they ran.


1:15 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “No! Please!!! No!” Lauren Noble screamed, falling to the ground under Christian as he dove at her.

“Where would you go if I let you live?” He asked, putting his blood covered hand up to her throat.

“I would leave the school, I would get away from you.” She sobbed, closing her eyes as tears crept down the sides of her face.

“You think you can escape?” He snarled, digging his fangs into her neck, her body convulsing as pain shot through her. Lisa watched in horror as her twin was drained, and her hands clutched her neck, almost feeling the fangs piercing her own flesh. She scrambled to her feet and ran out the doors, tears streaming down her face.

“Lisa!” Jesse's voice called quietly and she turned, looking around.

“Jesse...where are you?”

“Here.” He said, grabbing her and pulling her towards the shadows in the hallway. “What is happening in there?”

“It's like.....the one.....what was his name? The multi-colored haired one.”

“Christian.”

“Yeah, Christian, he was drinking Lauren's blood. Like he was a vampire or something.”

“He killed Lauren?” Jesse's voice was flat.

“I think so....I couldn't do anything to help her, I just ran away. Like a coward.” She covered her face with her hands.

“Hey, I ran first. Never forget that.”

“How many are in here?” Skull's voice said and they both looked towards the doors.

“Only three...” Christian said, followed by footsteps.

“Guess the rest scattered. Let's go hunting.”

“Three?” Lisa mouthed to Jesse. “How many of us were there?” She whispered.

“Fifteen. I counted when we first got here.” Jesse whispered back, sending a worried glance down the hall.

“We should find the others.” She said quietly, standing up straight and looking towards her right.

I think we stand a better chance just us. The more people the more noise...the more likely it is that they'll find us.”

“You think we should make a run for it? Call the police, right?”

“Exactly.”

“Let's go then...we'll have to take the long way around, since we are on the wrong side of the school now.”

“There's a phone in the office....I think.”

“We'll have to go look.”


1:37 a.m. - May 17, 2008


 

 

        Just a few feet from the door. Just a few feet!! She was hiding, her knees pressed up against her chest, chin resting on them. She couldn't drown out the memories of the screams for help that her friends had made, and she couldn't do anything. Footsteps sounded and she cringed as they got closer to her, stopping. She couldn't see anything in the darkness and that scared her more than anything. The outline of a face appeared and she almost screamed, stopping herself with the hope that this person couldn't see her.
"Hello!" The voice said, and a hand reached down and pulled her out from under the desk.
"No! Please!!!" She screamed as she was jerked towards the man. No, not a man, she could see him now that the light from the hall cascaded into the room. He looked to be about her age, and she was terribly confused as to why she was afraid of him. "Who are you?" She asked as he pulled her towards his body, pressing her chest into his.
"If I tell you, will you scream it?" He said into her ear, and he moved his hand down towards his waist, and the sound of the unsheating of a knife came.
"Please..." She whispered, trying to pull away. Her mind was filled with the images of her friends being butchered, like animals at a slaughter house.
"Is that all you can say?"
"No.. I just.." She started, stopping suddenly as he covered her mouth with his hand, the knife right in front of her eyes.
"What's your name?" He asked, moving his hand
"Debbie." She answered after a pause.
"Well, Debbie, my name is Skull. I want you to remember it, and when I tell you to scream it, I want you to...do you understand?"
Debbie shook her head, "I can't..."
"Let's practice." Skull said with a grin, "Scream."
"Why?" She asked, shaking a bit.
"Because I told you to!"
"Please, don--" Debbie started, then screamed as the blade sliced down her arm.
"Good..but I didn't hear my name...."
"Skull! Don't. Please!!!!!!!" She screamed forcefully at him, trying to pull against him, her eyes wide as the flash of light indicated the knife lowering to her arm again.
"Wanna play tic-tac-toe? Three in a row...." Skull said softly, slicing another line in her arm. "We need a good board..." he added, slicing again.
Debbie was wimpering now, her arm sore from her efforts to pull away.
"There!" He said, beaming at her. "Perfect!!"
"Skull!" she cried out as the blood started dripping from her arm, all over the floor.
"Ahh, only when I say!" Skull laughed. The laugh drove her to anger and she hit him, full in the face, with her free hand. His smile died and he let go of her arm suddenly, the hand that held her shot forward and slapped her, knocking her to the ground.She cried out in pain, grabbing her face. He stepped over to her, stepping on her arm, causing her to scream as her limb was smashed into the ground.
"Now, scream." He said as he ground his foot into her arm, the sound of cracking bones could be heard.
Debbie screamed, his name said several times, along with the words "please", "stop" and "don't"
"Excellent! See, you can be taught!!!" He said, stepping off of her arm and crouching down next to her, the blade glistening right by her head. He lifted the blade to his lips and licked the blood off one side, eyes closing as he savored the taste. Debbie clutched her arm, trying to scoot away from Skull, her eyes wild with fear and pain.
"Now it gets fun!!" He said, grabbing her broken arm and jerking her upwards as he stood, setting her on her feet with a cry of pain emerging from her lips. He turned her around, so that her back was to him. "Now..stay." he said softly, running his hands along her back. He lifted the knife to her back and dragged it along her spinal cord, the blood seeping through her shirt. She tried to move away, but the farther she got from him, the deeper he dug the knife into her when he got closer to her. "Scream..." he said softly, "Scream my name."
"I...Skull, please!!" She sobbed, screaming again as he sliced more flesh from her body. Again and again until she fell to the ground from loss of blood.
"Plead. Beg me for your life."
"Skull, please, let me live..you've done enough. Just let me go!!" Debbie said, covering her face with her hands.
"Mmm...not convincing." Skull said, touching her neck with the knife.
"Please!!!" She screamed from between her fingers, sobs wracking her body.
"I...don't feel like it." Skull said with a laugh and cut her throat, dropping her to the ground where she shook for a moment before dying.

 

 

 


1:46 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “Alex!” He heard his name being called as he ran with Kami.

“Maggie?” He said, spinning around, then frowning as he looked for her. “Where are you?”

“I'm here..I'm....oh God!” The sound of feet running followed and then silence.He turned to Kami,

“Run to the office. Wait for me there.” He said, letting go of her hand and running down the halls.

“Be safe.” Kami whispered, running in the opposite direction.

“Maggie!!!” Alex's voice screamed, panic echoing down the halls as he ran, looking for his friend.

/I'm in here..../ Maggie screamed back mentally, to afraid to even make a noise. /Help me...please../ Her eyes were watching the scene before her, where Debbie lay bleeding on the floor, the boy that had killed her standing there, just staring. He turned around and Maggie ducked down, praying that he hadn't seen her. She heard his footsteps leaving the room and she sighed, greatful. After a few minutes she crawled out from under the desk, her eyes locked on Debbie's lifeless body. “Debbie..” Maggie whispered, tears falling from her eyes and onto the floor. Tap tap tap. The noise came from beside her and she sat up quickly and snapped her head to the right, looking. Nothing. Tap tap tap. Again, but this time from the doorway, where she looked and saw the body of a boy, silhouetted from the light of the hall. Frozen,she just stared. She couldn't tell if it was someone she knew, or if it was someone...like Skull.

“I..I..” She started, trailing off as the boy raised a hand.

“You must be scared.” His voice said, sounding soft.

“W-w-who are you?” She stammered, eyes wide.

“My name is Dillon.” He answered immediately, taking a step closer to her.
“I don't know you.” She said flatly, frowning.

“No, you don't.” He was so close now, if she just stretched her hand out, she could touch him. He knelt down next to her, his fingers touching her cheek after a few moments. “Crying...Mmm...” He hummed, putting his tear covered fingers up to his lips, tasting them. She hastily wiped them away, sitting back on her heels.

“Well...I was scared.”

“You aren't now?” Dillon asked, tilting his head to the side.

“No..should I be?”

“That depends...are you afraid of me?”

“Should I be?” She said again, eyes narrowing slightly.

“I would think you should be.”

“Why? You aren't...you don't have a knife.” She motioned to his hands.

“No, I don't.”

“And you aren't like Skull, y--”

“I'm not like Skull? In what manner, are you speaking of?” He cut her off.

“You aren't trying to kill me....?” It came out like a question.

Oh..well, not yet. I like to play with my dinner.” He laughed quietly, stretching out his hand towards her again. She cowered back away from him, eyes wide.

“Dinner? What?”

“Vampire's eat mortals.” He said, then gestured at himself, “Vampire..” he pointed at her, “Mortal.”

“Vampires do--”

“Do NOT say that vampire's do not exist!” He snapped, grabbing her face with his hand and pulling her head towards him, “I don't like it when people say things that aren't true.”

“I...I..but..they don't.” Maggie said slowly, trying to pull away from his hand, but found that his grip was to strong to break. Dillon stood to his feet, pulling her up, his other hand grabbing her arm, eyes narrow.

“How would you know?” He hissed, his breath forceful on her face, voice sounding quite angry. She winced as he tightened his grip on her arm after she didn't answer. “I could break you easily, now answer me!”

“I wouldn't know!” She cried out in pain as both of his hands squeezed her tighter, “I just didn't think they did.”

“What would make you think that? There are thousands of stories about us, do you think they are all lies?”

“Fiction! They are all classified as fiction.” She was almost crying now from the pain.

“By some stupid publisher who believes that the best is to keep the truth from humans.” He snarled, then grinned, “It makes it easier to feed though..”

“You're hurting me!” She sobbed, tears racing down her face.

“You have no idea what pain really is!” He laughed, releasing her face and loosening his grip on her arm, “But I can teach you...easily.”

“No! Please!”

“Why not? Think I'm not a good teacher?”

“I don't want to learn!!”

“But, girl..you're at a school. What else do you expect to do?” He leaned close to her as he spoke, his voice becoming soft again.

“Please...” she whispered.

“What's your name?” He asked after a moments pause.

“Why does that matter?” She asked, then screamed as he tightened his grip on her arm again. “Maggie. My name is Maggie!”

“Maggie...I knew a girl named Maggie once, nice girl...” Dillon said, looking off into the distance for a moment before turning back to face the girl in front of him. “You know, beautiful girls such as yourself taste better. Maybe it's just a mental thing for us vampires, who knows?” Maggie shuddered as he spoke, hating the title “beautiful” now more than ever. He took his other hand and tilted her head to the side, pressing his lips against her neck, feeling the blood coursing through her, her heart beat accelerating as he kissed her skin gently. Her free hand came up and pressed against his chest, trying to shove him away from her, bending her body to remove his lips from her skin. He laughed, grabbing her hand with his and holding it tightly, jerking her body towards him so that her chest was pressed against his. He clicked his tongue, frowning. “Fighting now are we?”

“Let me go!” She pleaded, trying again to get away.

“I'm not going to...and even if I did...well, you could run to Skull.” He laughed.

“I could get out, get away.” She said with fake strength in her voice, knowing full well that she wouldn't make it twenty feet from this room without being seen. And once seen, she would have been killed.

“Not likely.” Dillon responded, taking steps back and pushing her up against the wall, in between the windows. In the faint light of the moon she could see his face, and he looked rather normal, save for the glimmering fangs poking out from between his parted lips. His eyes were dark as they watched her, focusing on her own eyes. His tongue flickered out and over one of his fangs as he pressed his body against hers. He let go of her hand and came up to cup her chin, moving her face to the side, revealing her neck to his hungry gaze. “Now..hold still.” He breathed as he lowered his mouth to her flesh, fangs digging into her, blood pooling into his mouth as she gasped, shuddering.

/It doesn't really hurt..../ She told herself, closing her eyes. His lips closed around the wounds, suckling at the blood. More and more came and she got weaker and weaker. Her body fell limply against his and he ran his tongue over the wounds, lapping up the last of the blood that pulsed from them as her heart slowed and then quit beating.

“Mmm....seventeen years. Nicely aged.” He murrmured quietly as he dropped her body to the ground, it making a soft thud.


 

 

5:25 a.m - Ma y 17, 2008

 

 

 


 

 

        The sound of sirens and the flashing of lights filled the parking lot of the school, radio's crackled and orders were shouted. 

It was in there. The first door on the right, Jimmie...Jimmie Mist's body.” Officer Marshall said, pointing towards the school. “I got out of there as fast as I could, didn't want to get caught in something I wasn't prepared for.”

Of course, completely understandable.” The sergeant said, putting his hand on the man's shoulder. “Did you check the body for a pulse?”

No, I didn't...I...panicked.”

Right...”

Sarge..” Marshall said, looking up. “Kami was in there. And from the looks of it, so were Alex, James, Lisa and Jesse. But they could have brought more people with them.”

So, you're saying...?”

This may not have been a single killing, this could have been a massacre, a killer on the loose in a school full of helpless students.”

Let's hope not.” The sergeant said, looking at the school and motioning for the team to go in.

 

 

 


1:53 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “No! Get away from me!! Let me go!!!!” Mary cried, her voice filled with terror as Christian grabbed her, jerking her towards him.

“Is that all you have to say?” He laughed, pursing his lips as she fought against him.

“Let me go!” She screamed at him, quieting as his hand came up and clamped over her mouth.
“Stop screaming unless you plan on saying something worth the breath it takes to scream!”

Mmm...mmf!” Her words were muffled, and he moved his hand to allow her to speak. She didn't say anything, just bit her lip.

“Do you remember my name?” He asked quietly.

“It was some kind of strange name for a murderer.....” She said, gasping as he leaned forward, pressing their chests together so that he was close to her, lips right by her ear.

“Christian. My name is Christian.” He whispered, brushing his lips against her ear. “Say it.” He said after a few moments of silence.

“Christian.” She repeated, her voice trembling.

“Say it like....a lover would.” His voice was softer than it had been a moment ago.

“Like..what?”

“Are you to young to know how a lover would speak?” He said with a grin, backing away from her so he could look into her eyes.

“No....I know how one would speak.”

“Then do it.”

“Christian.” She said softly, looking at the floor as she spoke.

“Mmm..much better.” He said, closing his eyes for a brief second before staring into her eyes again. “How would a lover act when one is as close to the one they love as we are now?” He asked, arching his brow.

“I suppose....that one would kiss the one they love?” She said, her voice still shaky.

“So what is stopping you?”

“I don't love you.” Her voice showed that she was shocked he would even think of her kissing him.

“And I don't love you...doesn't mean I don't want to kiss you.” He grinned, his fangs bared.

“You....have fangs?”

“Most vampires do.” He said and she laughed nervously. “Now, back to the kissing business.”

“I'm not going to kiss you.” She protested as his hands wrapped around her back, pressing their bodies closer together, their lips a few inches from each others.

“Well, I'm going to kiss you.” His voice was rough as he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers. Her body arched in an attempt to get away from him, but the more she struggled the tighter he held onto her. One hand released her and the sound of metal came and the pain shot through her stomach as the blade pierced deeply. “I would drain you..but I've had my fill for tonight.” He said, pulling his lips from hers. She gasped, but couldn't make any more sound than that. He plunged the knife into her again and again, his eyes cold as he watched her face change as the pain intensified and her heart stuttered and slowed down, stopping as blood drained from her stomach and onto the floor. He let her body go and she collapsed at his feet.


1:51 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        Kami ducked into the office, listening for Alex to come down the hall. “Alex...where are you?” She breathed, looking over the desk from which she was kneeling behind.

“Kami?” James whispered, his voice coming from beneath the desk.

“James!” She said, her voice relieved. “Are you hurt?”

“No..I'm fine.” He said, then laughed shakily, “No, I'm not fine....my friends just got murdered and I ran like a wimp.”

“It was better than you dying.” She said quietly, a frown covering her face.

“Right, better that I live...what about Eli? He was accepted into Yale! I haven't even sent out college applications Kami!”

“James, I don't know what to say.”

“What are you doing in here?” He changed the subject quickly.

“Waiting for Alex, he's supposed to meet me in here...” She trailed off, adding on a mental, /If he's still alive./

“Where did he go?”

“Maggie was calling for him, he told me to wai--” She was cut off by footsteps, and they looked at each other for a second before ducking down.

“Kami?” Alex's voice whispered as the footsteps stopped.

“Alex..” She said, standing and rushing over to him. “Where's Maggie?” She said after looking around him.

“I couldn't find her. I looked all over the place....and then I heard screaming and came here, hoping that it wasn't you.”

“At least you tried to help someone.” James said, standing and running a hurried hand through his hair.

“James! Oh man, I'm so glad you are okay.” Alex said, brushing past Kami and hugging his friend.

“We've gotta get out of here.” James said, putting his hand on Alex's shoulder. “Somehow..we need to call the police.”

“Where's the phone?” Kami said, looking at the desks.

“In there....locked up tight.” He said, pointing at the doors that closed the office in.

“Argh!” Alex said after pulling at the door.

“We could break the window...” She glanced at the boy's.

“And the noise would bring those guys running....it's better if we just get out of the school and call the police. There's a pay phone in the parking lot.” James said.

“So, we just have to make it out there.” Alex said, walking towards the door and looking out.

“Let's go then.” Kami followed him, stopping just behind him. “Come on, James.”

“Alright..” He walked up behind the two and waited for them to move.

“Quietly, now...we have to be quiet.” Alex whispered, slipping out of the office.


2:06 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “Where are you going?” Skull's voice taunted the two girls that ran before him. “You think you can get away?” He ran forward, grabbing Izzy by the arm.

“Let go of her!” Cilla screamed as she turned, hitting Skull on the arm. “Let her go now!!”

“Let me go!” Izzy cried out, jerking her arm from his grip. “Cilla, run!” She called, rushing after her friend.
“I wasn't even holding you tightly!” He laughed, chasing after them.

“Quick, that way.” Izzy whispered, pointing to the shadowy doorway of the shop classroom. Both the girls darted inside. Skull grinned and stopped in the doorway, turning to face Dillon who had been silently following them.
“What?” Dillon asked, holding up his hands. “They are your dinner, I was just following..”

“Right. Did you get anything?”

“Dinner?” Izzy whispered to Cilla, staring at the doorway.

“I got one mortal, drained her dry. She had the best tasting blood.” Dillon grinned.

“Blood? What?” Cilla breathed, standing and pulling Izzy with her towards the other side of the classroom.

“Excellent..now, if you will excuse me.” Skull said, slipping into the room. “Girls....” He laughed, spotting the two standing by a table, “Are you done running?”

“What do you think?” Izzy said, looking at the darkness where he would be standing. /Hurry.../ She urged Cilla on with her mind, her hands trembling by her sides.

“Well, considering you are just standing there....”

“Are you going to drain us?” She asked, backing away slightly as he got closer and closer.

“Yes, I'm going to bite and drain you.” He was about a foot away now.

Bite this.” Cilla snapped, spinning around, the click of a blow torch sounding and flame shot towards Skull's face. He screamed in agony as his flesh was burned, and the sickening scent of burning hair filled their nostrils. “Run, Izzy, run!!!” Cilla cried, dropping the torch and running after Izzy out the door that led to outside the school. Skull slammed his hands over his burning face, extinguishing the flame with a pain filled groan.

“I'm going to kill you myself!” He snarled, taking a step towards the door.

“Skull!” Christian called, grabbing the vampire by the arm. “There are more in here, we can hunt down those girls and kill them later. But now....think of the blood. The torment you can cause these remaining mortals...using the anger you have now.”

“Alright, let's go.” Skull hissed, jerking his arm away from Christian and walking towards the door. His face was already starting to heal, the burnt flesh fading, replaced by new skin.


2:25 a.m. - May 17, 2008


                Jesse walked into the office slowly, looking around. “Okay, Lisa..come on.” He whispered, glancing behind him. “Lisa..?” He said as she didn't respond.

“Jesse! Run!!” Her voice screamed, followed by a groan and muffled words.

“Lisa!!” He cried, rushing out of the office. He was knocked over backwards by an arm hitting his throat.

“Awww, look at the poor things...struggling to survive.” Skull laughed, leaning over and grabbing Jesse and lifting him up. “To bad you won't make it.”

“Jesse!” Lisa cried as Christian moved his hand from her mouth.

“Lisa! Let her go!” Jesse snapped, trying to get to Lisa, but was unable to reach her.

“You all ask for the same thing!” Skull snarled, putting his hand on Jesse's throat. “Do you think we will let her go if you beg like a coward long enough?!”

“Please, just let her live!”

“Oh, I guess he does think so.” Christian laughed, running his fingers down the side of Lisa's face. “What do you think?” He asked her.

“I think that you killed my sister.” She said flatly, leaning her head to the side so that the contact was broken.

“So..that makes you angry?” He hissed, his tongue flickering out and touching her neck as he lowered his head.

“Yeah, it does.”

“I don't like it when women are angry....poor things stress themselves out.” He said, unsheathing a knife and placing it under her jaw, pressing it against her throat. “Let's end the stress, shall we?”

“No!” Lisa screamed.

“Stop screaming.” He ordered, but she continued to scream and his hand covered her mouth. He could understand the words, “no” and “please”, but the rest was rubbish.

“One.” She tried to shake her head.

“Two.” Her fists flailed in panic, hitting his arm but not causing any pain.

“Three.” He laughed as he jerked the knife across her throat, a gasp rising from her lips as she fell to the ground.

“Lisa!! No! You ba--” Jesse's voice was cut off as Skull tightened his grip around Jesse's throat.

“Shouldn't you be happy for your friend? She isn't in pain anymore...” Christian laughed, turning and walking down the hall, leaving the two. Skull smiled as he squeezed the life out of Jesse, the boy's body jerking as his lungs tried to get air into them.

“Your passing won't be as quick.” He snarled to the dying boy. “And your other friends...those that are still alive....I would pity them if I were you. They will die slowly, more slowly than you.” Jesse shook his head, and his hands fell from where they were pulling at Skull's, falling limply to his sides as his heart stopped beating.


2:36 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        “We have to get out of here!” James cried with panic as they darted into another classroom. “Did you see what they did to them? Did you see!?!?”

“Yes, we saw!!” Kami said, covering her face with her hands, tears leaking from her eyes.

“They...they killed Lisa and Jesse! They didn't even...like....what are we going to do?”

“James! Calm down!”

“Don't tell me to calm down!”

“James! They are going to hear us! And then w--”

“What are you going to do?” Christian's voice hissed from behind them and footsteps followed, Skull walking in after him, standing in the doorway. “That is what you were going to say, right?”

“Oh God! No!!” Kami sobbed, holding her stomach as the two walked closer.

“Leave them alone!” Randy's voice cried as he rushed into the room. Skull turned and grabbed him by the neck, twisting his head to the side and snapping his neck, dropping him to the ground.

“Are you going to just stand there and scream, or are you going to fight?” Skull laughed.

“You killed my best friend!” James screamed, grabbing a pair of scissors from the teacher's desk and running at Skull.

“And he died a cowards death. Will you be similar?” Skull hissed, dodging the scissors as they plunged downward. His hand came up and hit James in the chin, causing the boy to stumble backwards.


 

 

5:57 a.m. - May 17, 2008

“Ten bodies so far, sir.” A man's voice came over the radio.

 “Oh my God..” The sergeant said, rubbing his temples. Officer Marshall grabbed the radio on his shoulder,

What of Kami?”

No sign.” The voice said.

Look some more!” He pleaded, dropping back onto the patrol car's hood.

Look down there!” The voice sad, and the sound of footsteps followed.

It's Randy.” Another voice said over the radio. “And James.”

And?” The sergeant said, looking up.

They're dead.”

 

 


2:41 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        The laughter of the two vampires echoed in the classroom where it was so silent you could hear Kami and Alex breathing, their eyes locked on the lifeless body of James, where he lay in a puddle of blood at Skull's feet. Alex looked up slowly, his eyes blazing into Skull's.

“You are sick!” Kami snapped as she stared at Christian, who was biting his lip, a gleeful expression on his face.

“Aww, what? The blood is intoxicating....it makes us...crazy.” Christian laughed, stepping towards Kami.

“Touch her and you die.” Alex growled, stepping infront of Kami.

“Right, like that'll work. Were you not paying attention a moment ago? Your little fr--”

“Pathetic little friend.” Skull cut Christian off.

“Right, your pathetic little friend just died a horrible death...you think you are super human or something? Killing vampires is a very messy business...and it takes a lot of strength and control. Which I think you lack.”

You don't know anything about me!” Alex protested as he was shoved away from Kami and towards Skull as Christian reached out to grab Kami.

“I don't need to know anything about you. Boy's like you...you think you are all tough and everything. Trying to be heroes in your lives. It is better to run away from death when you meet it face to face. Not stand here and try to save your little girlfriend and your pathetic life.” Christian smirked, grabbing Kami and twisting her arm so that it was behind her.

“Let her go!” Alex roared, wincing in pain as Skull grabbed his shoulder and squeezed.

“I'm not going to let her go.” The other vampire laughed, glancing over at Alex for a moment before turning his attention back to Kami. “Let's go somewhere away from all this noise.” He whispered in her ear, leering at Alex over her shoulder.

“No!” Both Kami and Alex said as Christian dragged Kami out the door.

“Let me go!!” Alex's voice cried, “Kami! Kami!! I love you!! Let her go! Le--”

“Hush! Your little pleas do nothing.” Skull snarled, cutting Alex off.

“Alex!” Kami screamed as she was dragged farther and farther away from the classroom.

“Love, eh?” Christian laughed, “Well, Kami dear, do you think it's true that love can overcome all trials?”

“What?” She said, twisting so she could glare at him.

“Do you think that his love can overcome the trials....the trials of Skull ripping him to pieces and the trials of hearing you scream in agony?”

“I love him and...”

“Does he know?”

“I...don't know.” She muttered.

“How about you scream it to him. Then he will know.”

“You want me to scream to him that I love him?”

“That's what I said.”

“I....” She started, then screamed in pain as he tightened his grip on her arm.

“Louder.” He ordered.

“Alex! I love you!!” She screamed, tears running down her cheeks as Christian laughed behind her.

“Good job..” He said after a moment of listening for a response, but he heard only silence, then the soft laughter of Skull. “Aww...looks like he isn't gonna answer!”


 

 

6:01 a.m. - May 17, 2008


“It's Alex!” A voice said joyously over the radio. “He's alive!!”

"Thank God.” The sergeant said, breathing a sigh of relief. “And?”

 There's no sign of anyone else....” The voice responded and Officer Marshall exhaled sharply. “We'll keep looking.”

 Thank you.” Marshall said quietly, covering his eyes with his hands.

 Come on, let's go!”The sound of footsteps followed, seeming to rush in every direction.

 

 


2:57 a.m. - May 17, 2008


        The sickening crunch of breaking bone sounded, followed by the agonized scream of Alex. “Come on....it was just a finger!” Skull laughed, toying with the broken index finger. Alex whimpered as the digit was stretched, pain shooting through his broken arm. “You didn't even shriek that much when I broke your arm!!”

“Stop!” Alex cried, his face contorted with pain.

“Alex!!!” Kami's voice echoed into the room.
“Ka--” He started, but broke off in another scream as Skull jerked his arm forward suddenly.

“Alex! No! Let me go!” Kami screamed, and the sound of a slight scuffle came. “Alex!” Kami was standing in the doorway of the classroom, taking steps in when Christian grabbed her, a snarl on his face.

“Hitting.is.not.nice.” He hissed, pulling her back from the room.

“No!” She snapped, grabbing onto the doorway with her fingers pressed tightly against the frame.

“Let go.” He ordered.

“No!” She whispered and Christian looked at Skull, grinning.

“Let go.” Skull said, grabbing Alex by the neck and stepping behind him.

“Don't hurt him!”

“Then let go.” Skull smiled sweetly at her, grabbing Alex's broken arm. “Go with Christian.”

“I..let him go!” She arched her body away from Christian's, pulling with all her strength in an effort to get away from him.

“Wrong answer.” Skull twisted Alex's arm back , the boy's face screaming pain but he kept his mouth shut tight as agony rippled through his body.

No..no..please!” Kami cried, tears running down her face as she watched Alex slip into unconsciousness.

“Then let go!” Christian snarled and Kami instantly let go, staring in horror as Skull shoved Alex's limp body away from him. He fell with a thud and Skull stared at him for a moment before walking towards Kami and Christian.

“You're the only one left.” He frowned, his eyes reflecting something close to sadness.

“She is it?” Dillon's voice came and the other vampire stepped into view from the hallway, stopping right next to Christian

“Looks li--” Christian started, trailing off as the sound of footsteps came, getting closer and closer. All four sets of eyes turned to look down the hallway, towards where the noise was coming from.

“You...you just left me for dead...” A soft female voice said, “You....what did you do to me?”

“Lauren...” Kami whispered, “Is that you?”

“Kami, I wish I could say that it is me.” She sighed, walking closer to them. “But...he did something to me.”

“Oh, the poor dear got turned.” Dillon said with a smirk, almost laughing as he spoke. Skull and Christian made soft noises in their throats, almost as if it was pity they were feeling before they started laughing.

“You turned her...?” Kami questioned, not really sure what that meant.

“Right, she's a vampire now..and she needs blood. The lust will overtake her in a moment, you can count on that.” Dillon cooed at Kami, “And who is the only mortal here?”

“No, I won't.” Lauren spoke up.

“You think you have a choice? You are a newborn vampire, how do you expect to survive without blood? Even know...your body is craving it. You can hear it rushing through her veins..so close to you..” Skull whispered, stepping behind Lauren and pushing her towards Kami.

“Stop..” Lauren whispered, her body trembling slightly as she got closer to Kami.

“You can smell it...almost taste it on your tongue.” Skull continued pressing, standing right behind Lauren so she couldn't run.

/Run! Run!!/ Her mind screamed at her, but she couldn't do it, her hands came forward and stretched towards Kami.

“No! Lauren!! Don't give in!” Kami cried, wrenching herself away from the hands that were moving towards her.

“Do you think it's a matter of will power?” Dillon laughed, clicking his tongue, “If you only knew..”

“Fight her...if you think you can take her on.” Christian said, handing one of his long knives to Kami, motioning for her to take it. With a slight hesitation, Kami clutched the knife, looking from the sharp edge to the face of her friend. Lauren's upper lip was curling back, her fangs exposed to Kami's limited view.

“Come on.” Lauren's voice didn't even sound like her own.

/She's not....she's not Lauren. She is a vampire../ Kami thought to herself, bracing for the fight that was coming. Lauren ran forward, arms outstretched, recoiling as soon as the blade came down and sliced across one of her arms. With an angry snarl, she drew back, frowning at the cut on her arm.

“Nice.” Lauren hissed, taking a few steps towards Kami, smiling as her friend retreated. “Oh, come on, Kami!” She laughed, the lust for blood shining in her eyes. Kami backed up, but ran into Dillon, who shoved her forward, causing her to stumble a bit, and she almost fell to the ground at Lauren's feet.

“If you don't want to fight her, just surrender.” Dillon said, shrugging as he watched her straighten and position the knife in front of her as she stood staring at her friend with wide eyes.

“I'm not going to surrender...” She whispered, taking in a deep breath and rushing towards Lauren, knife slashing across her abdomen. Without a pause she spun around, knife moving again and again to rip the flesh open. With a scream of pure anger Lauren grabbed Kami's arm, tearing the knife from her hand and slicing across her stomach.

“How do you like it?” She snarled, watching as Kami winced in pain. “Do you like how it feels?” With a laugh she shoved Kami to the ground, dropping the knife in the same motion. With an excited squeal she fell to the ground next to her, leaning forward. Kami dove for the knife, grabbing it and shoving it upwards into Lauren's chest, wincing as her face contorted with pain.

“I'm sorry...Lauren, I'm so sorry!” Kami sobbed as she let Lauren's body drop to the ground next to her. With a small grimace she pulled the knife from her chest and looked up at where the vampire's had been standing. Only Christian stood there now, with a small smile on his face. He leaned down and grabbed her arm, pulling her to her feet.

“You were able to kill a vampire, for that we are going to let you live.” He said, touching her chin with his fingers. “Oh...and no one will believe you when you tell them what happened..trust me.” He turned to leave, then paused. “And we don't want you following us...so...” He lifted his hand and hit her hard on the side of her head in one rapid motion. She fell to the ground, not moving. He knelt down and touched her neck, making sure she still lived before turning and walking away.


 

 

6:15 a.m. - May 17, 2008

 

 “Two more bodies.” A man said, followed by an order, “Who are they?” A few noises followed, then the voice said, “It's Kami, sir, and Lauren Noble.”

 Officer Marshall grabbed the radio and shouted into it, “Are they alive?”

Kami is. Lauren is not. I need a stretcher in here!!”

 

6:23 a.m. - May 17, 2008

 

Two stretchers emerged from the school, followed by twelve body bags. They lined up the bags, waiting for transport for them to the local morgue.

Kami!” Marshall cried out as he saw his daughter's crumpled form lying on the stretcher, surrounded by a pale white sheet. “Oh God...” He breathed, placing his hand on her forehead.

 Sir, she is still unconcious. Give her a while.”

 Take these kids to the emergency room as quickly as possible!” The sergeant said, gesturing at the two stretchers.

Yes, sir!” Came the immediate response, and the ambulances were loaded up.

I'm going with her.” Marshall said, climbing into the back of the ambulance right before the doors were closed and they drove off towards the hospital.

 

 




 

 

Two Weeks Later


        The quiet beeping of the hospital equipment filled his ears and he sighed, wishing her could drown it out. “Alex?” Kami's voice said softly and a gentle hand touched his shoulder.

“Mmm....Kami?” He said, and his voice sounded rough to his ears and he opened his eyes for a brief moment, looking at her. “What happened to you?” He asked after blinking a few times, lifting his hand to gesture at her bruised face.

“Christian hit me.” She said, shrugging slightly. “How's the arm?”

“It hurts pretty bad....”

“I can imagine that it would.”

“Did...did they get away?” He said quietly, glancing at the door to the room.

“Yes..and no one will believe me! I keep telling them that it was vampires, but they say that the stress of witnessing a traumatic event is to much for my brain and I am coming up with ridiculous stories. They took down my statement, but I'm pretty sure they just threw it out.”

“The sergeant came in and told me not to talk about vampires, because they don't exist.”

“They killed our friend's, Alex...”

“I know, and I know that they exist...but no one will believe us.” He sighed, closing his eyes again.

“Just like Christian said.”

“What?” He asked, his eyes flying open.

“Right before he hit me, he said that no one would believe me.”

“He was right..”

“They won't even believe Cilla and Izzy...which is strange because everyone believes them.” Kami shrugged, looking out the window. A knock at the door caused her to turn her head, a lean man stood there, his pale blue eyes looking in at the two.

“Hello, my name is Bret Cutter. I'm a journalist and I have a few questions to ask you.” He said softly, stepping in and shutting the door behind him.

“What are you writing a story on?” Alex said, clearing his throat.

“Murderers?” Kami followed up his question quickly.

“No...vampires...” Bret said, pulling out a pen and pad of paper from his bag and pulling up a chair next to Alex's bed.

“You...you believe us?” Kami said, sounding shocked.

“Of course, vampires do exist. Always have.” He smiled, “Unfortunately no one believes me when I tell them..so I am writing a story about vampires, hopefully I'll be able to convince the public.”

“Alright, what do you want to know?” Alex said, glancing at Kami.

“Everything you can tell me.” Cutter said, looking intently at the two.



~X~ ~X~ ~X~



“Did anyone believe them?” Skull asked, running his fingers along the sides of his face as he waited for Dillon to respond.

“No, not a soul.” Christian spoke up before Dillon could, “Which is how it always happens.”

“Right, that's good.” Skull said, smiling at the two vampires before him.

“Come on, Izzy, it has to be this way.” Cilla's voice said, and the three vampires turned to look at the mouth of the alley, where Cilla stood, motioning behind her. Izzy stepped into view and Skull snarled quietly, his hand touching where the burnt flesh had been.
“I have a score to settle..” Skull whispered, walking past Christian, towards the girls. “Hello, Izzy.” He said and both girls turned to face him, horror etched on their faces.

“N-n-n-no, they said you weren't real!” Izzy stammered, tripping over her feet as she tried to get back, away from him.

“To bad they were wrong..” He laughed.

 

 

 

 

~X~

© 2012 Megan


Author's Note

Megan
Ignore the grammar problems please, and just let me know what you think of the story as a whole.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sad dark piece. However, I was extremely intrigued! The grammar wasn't as bad as you thought. And I think that the format of the story was Superb! I think this is a really good write. Well done! I look forward to reading more of your work. I think this is where the story really took off, at this line:

"Do you remember my name?" He asked quietly.

"It was some kind of strange name for a murderer....." She said, gasping as he leaned forward, pressing their chests together so that he was close to her, lips right by her ear.

"Christian. My name is Christian." He whispered, brushing his lips against her ear. "Say it." He said after a few moments of silence.

"Christian." She repeated, her voice trembling.

"Say it like....a lover would." His voice was softer than it had been a moment ago.

"Like..what?"

Only (very small) criticism I would give or ask reasoning for is some of the parts have extremely too many spaces between them...it kind of throws the reader a bit. Overall, well done! Keep exercising your gift!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on August 24, 2009
Last Updated on October 28, 2012
Tags: Vampire, high school, teens, murder, terror, death, panic

Author

Megan
Megan

CO



About
Hello, my name is Megan. I'm a small town girl from Colorado with some big city dreams. . I haven't written in a long time, though I've been putting more and more time into it. I started writing whe.. more..

Writing
Mirror|rorriM Mirror|rorriM

A Story by Megan


RUN RUN

A Story by Megan