Healthy

Healthy

A Poem by falsename

Your body is a reflection of your standards.  What you put into your body, and how you put your body into motion, is parallel with how you handle your aspirations, your habits, and every decision you make in your life.  I started eating clean to lose weight, but I continue to eat clean so that I can maintain a sharp mental focus.  When the mind becomes clear, the will to grow becomes insatiable.  Sleep isn’t the cousin of death.  Lethargy, static behavior, laziness, and inaction are the cousins of death.  When you’re able to realize the value of perspective, and how to access your willpower, then the days become longer, and it seems that the world is waiting for your next move.  You will realize that the daily problems were actually products of an unhealthy mentality.  If you’re willing to focus on the circumstance, and how each moment collides into the next, it’s hard to ignore the fact that the world is giving you more opportunities to gain insight, gain strength, and gain control.  Cut the s**t from your life.  Do your research, apply yourself, test your threshold, and continue to assure yourself of your capability.  When I didn’t care for my physical health, my emotional/mental health suffered.  My relationships had toxic tendencies, and my ambitions were collecting dust.  I’ve made some strong efforts since that time.  I’ve developed an addictive personality�"addicted to intimately stifling uncertainty through relentless trials.  My life feels sustainable, and I have a drive to make other aspects of my life align in that frame of mind.  Remain ignorant to your poor habits, and you will remain ignorant to your well-being.  Lack of exercise in the body results in lack of exercise of the mind, and your sense of value will deteriorate and putrefy.  Challenge yourself.  Give yourself the best energy, because you deserve to be in the best state.  Surround yourself with motivators�"those who have the intestinal fortitude and the thicker skin.  These people will exemplify the abundant lifestyle that you desire, and they will remind you that your ambitions will flourish as a result of the time and energy you’re willing to invest.  There comes a moment when you look back on your life, and you realize how many lifestyles you have owned.  I didn’t know that I had a wealth of potential�"rather I was ignorant to the fact.  Ignorance isn’t bliss.  Confronting yourself, and realizing the power of what you can achieve with your time, is the foundation of living an impactful life.

© 2017 falsename


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on March 7, 2017
Last Updated on March 7, 2017
Tags: healthy, spoken word, spokenword, poetry, poem, falsename, falsenamespokenword

Author

falsename
falsename

CA



Writing
Bound Bound

A Poem by falsename


MB MB

A Poem by falsename