Smoking a day kills a life away

Smoking a day kills a life away

A Poem by Cerise
"

the prolonged pain from cigarettes and problems from its continuous usage

"

 

The dead would rather wish to be alive

Here you are giving it all away in vain

Ended up plotting your own death

What I ask you, will you ever gain?


One puff is all you need, to kill a creature

And boom, it becomes a bad deed

Can't you think for once, how it will harm?

The young, the old, it’s like a bad luck charm


Addicted you are and you might forever be

Are those memories so unbearable to see?

You want to forget better find another way

Solution is in front, so you had better stay

 

Cigarette is not the problem to your matter

The only thing it will ever do is kill and shatter

Think of those suffering because you are insane

Who cannot breathe, Who are in profound pain?

 

Lungs collapsed, back cut open

It sounds horrible to even be spoken

Stand up and fight diseases on your way

For humanity’s sake stop with this play......

 

AN INNOCENT CIGARETTE A DAY WILL  RUIN YOUR LIFE IN A HUGE WAY...

© 2015 Cerise


Author's Note

Cerise
Emphysema-is a long-term, progressive disease of the lungs caused by smoking...Each one of you can contribute in a huge way by not smoking...Every time you smoke your life decreases and I believe life is very precious to waste.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish this could be posted on every bar and in every public window possible. Very courageous of you to write this and thank you for standing up for those who are specifically allergic to cigarette smoke. It is absolutely heartless to smoke around a child, let alone other adults. It's bad enough that there is so much pollution in so many areas of the world that one can barely see the sky. It is a terrible addiction that yellows the teeth, the nails, discolors the skin, blackens the lungs, and destroys ones own breath. The worst part is, it reeks for miles and sticks to everything. I like the way you ask your questions, the boldness of it. Thank you so much for this poem, God bless you, and hope you may be free of smoke! Honestly I really feel for those who are addicted to cigarettes, who are unable to stop even though they wish they could. They are not bad people, they really do need help. It would be interesting to see a poem showing their perspective. Still thanks again for spreading the awareness!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cerise

8 Years Ago

Thank you soooo much for such a wonderful review...I completely agree with you...I wish we styed in... read more



Reviews

Who knows... I don't necessarily smoke, but my friends do... She smokes anything. >.< And I literally mean, anything. She doesn't try to get me to do it, though.
Not the point, Ahem.
Maybe smoking helps... Clear their mind. Sort of like Drinking. Don't do that, either.
Erm, say, someone is very stressed out..
And they have a passion...
Like, writing, drawing, creating, something, wipes away all their worries. All their pain. Just lets them... Relax for a small while... That's probably like someone's smoking.
I'm not saying it's good to smoke, I'm just trying to look at it from their point of view.
On how, it seems like they're running away from their problems, from their stress... From their life.
But.
Who knows?
I certainly don't.
All I know, is, it must be really tedious and annoying to hear "Smoking is bad for you," every single time someone brings out a cigarette.
Just saying, you know.
Anywho, this poem was awesomely written. I can't give much feedback, since I'm sort of just starting on writing pieces, but, I liked it.
Great job! c:

Posted 11 Years Ago


RawrsomeSami

11 Years Ago

I know, my mom's half of the family smokes. >.< And you're welcome! ^-^
Cerise

11 Years Ago

aawww...well i guess its difficult to keep telling dem wwen most of the people aorund u smokes..:P.... read more
RawrsomeSami

11 Years Ago

Lol, it's no biggie. >.< And thanks.
This brings up a serious problem here, and I totally agree with this poem 100%
My father is a smoker and I absolutly hate it. I can't really do much about it, since he's not one for listening to me, but he as least has the respect to smoke it outside and not in the house with brother and I.
This poem is a pretty good message for smoking, although, I'd prefer if people didn't do it, but I can't really make decisions for them, especially for my friends. I don't mind if they do, that's their decision, I just don't want them trying to get me to do it. That's were I cross the line.
Enough of my babbling XD
I found this poem slightly a bit too long, but other than that it's great :)
Good job, thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Aww..i agree with you..Thankyou for your kind words..:)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
K.G
nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Thankyou..:)
K.G

11 Years Ago

your wellcome llove
Cerise

11 Years Ago

:)
I am a self-described Militant Ex-Smoker...I haven't had a cigarette in over ten years, and now, when I smell smoke, I twist my face into that expression usually reserved for when you tread in a dog s**t...I hate it...the worst part, my father, his wife, and my new sister-in-law all chain smoke, and I just spent a week in their house...thought I was going to die...and, not unlike Baby Ricochet below, every so often a passing craving comes over me, but I always think, "No way...after all I went through to quit? No way."

Good message.
-kimmer

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Awww..am soo glad for ya...its good to knoe u stopped smoking..awww..poor you..Thankyou for sharing .. read more
I used to smoke but where I was at the time smoking health hazards were a mute point. I've not smoked for three years now and every so often I have the thought "Man want I wouldn't do for a cigarette right now." I've never indulged that thought cause their's no point. So far as other people smoking I know why they do and in this world you pays your money and you takes your chances. BTW love your avatar.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

lolz...Thankyou for your opinion and sharing your experience..:)
I definitely agree to this poem in every way. Smoking not only harms yourself, but everyone around. I know people who have never smoked in their life, but due to all the secondhand smoke they've inhaled over their lifetime they have lung cancer. Its not fair. And I know that life's not fair but this is a completely preventable thing. good write, it made my emotions for this topic surface.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Aww..Thank you so much for agreeing to my words..:)
i really loved this alot, thank you for sharing. I have really bad lungs so when i go out in public and someone is smoking i am at an instant risk of having an asthma attack so it makes me happy when people say stop smoking...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Aww..i wish u well-being...Am glad you liked it..Thankyou..:)
Shay

11 Years Ago

aw thanks and no problem :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ees
"Are those memories so unbearable to see?"- what memories? That line doesn't quite make sense to me.
Nicely written work.
A note on the content: There is nobody left in the world who does not know of the dangers of cigarette smoke. It is a conscience decision on everyone's part, they've weighed the risks and benefits and made their own decisions. My mom, goes at the angle of telling people not to smoke because they'll get ugly wrinkles....
That prob has more of an impact because most everyone I know has no goals to live so long.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

i meant of those memories which trouble u..because normally cigarette is looked as way to forgt thos.. read more
Ees

11 Years Ago

I highly doubt that cigarettes are locked to any memories. that still doesn't make sense to me. Ciga.. read more
Wow! You have summed it all up!! Every life is precious and should not be wasted by the use of cigarettes, or any other form of tobacco products!! I lost a husband to lung cancer so I know all too well the horrible effects of what they can do!!! You are to be admired for taking such a strong stand against the use of this killer!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cerise

11 Years Ago

Awww..Thankyou so much for your kind and motivating words..I am sorry for ur loss..Thankyou again..:.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1721 Views
73 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2015
Tags: cigarette, bad, smoking, death, disease

Author

Cerise
Cerise

dubai, dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
words cant give an accurate detail of who i am or what i am..... more..

Writing
ITS aLL ME ITS aLL ME

A Book by Cerise


me me

A Chapter by Cerise


ONE DAY ONE DAY

A Poem by Cerise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SOME NIGHTS SOME NIGHTS

A Poem by afra