The breakups

The breakups

A Story by Fariha Tahseen Karim
"

Love can never be described in words.

"
The broken pieces of glass were untouched; they shimmered in the moonlight. I thrived to walk on them but my mind was already bleeding.'I'm going to find someone better than you,' I shrieked, but my heart pounded so hard that my chest ached. i thought my life plunged into darkness. He left me shattered.

The next morning seemed menacing to me and the air grew colder. A stench of treachery floated in my room and a chill ran down my spin. The sky remained gray and sunless. I could hear a romantic music, which sprinkled spices on my deeply wounded heart, as it reminded me of him. On my way to school I murmured the song 'We are never getting back together' by Taylor Swift.The only things I noticed was the grey sky, perched stalky bushes and a leave that hung from a naked, curled up tree in damp air.
My boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend, Richard lurched towards when he saw me enter the class room. He had an ignoring expression and sardonic smile set on his face. He quickly took a birds-eye view of my feet and heaved a sigh of relief when he saw my feet had no scars. 'I didn't walk on the broken pieces of glass,'I said, with a grin. He shrugged.

The sun drenched weather made my dress stuck wetly to my body. The sultry wind invaded the hall room where i curled up in the corner and shed tears helplessly. He saw me and paused. I knew he would come to ease my pain. And he did scurry towards me with long strides, brushing his sandy blond hair with speckles of caramel colored streaks. But to my surprise he shoved me and shrieked 'Get your butt off my spot'. The next few hours were spent by tearing each other apart. He gave me a shower of insult and I threw him in the hole of embarrassment.
I dashed out of the hall room and headed to my classroom. 'I caught you sobbing,' my best friend, Annable said, giggling.
'Nothing happened,'I said
'Richard dumped you?'
'No, I dumped him'
'What's the number?'
'Twenty fifth time. But this time he is serious, I'm sure, more than sure'
'Oh please. If he didn't love you, he wouldn't have stopped you from crying'
'He insulted me!'
'No. He distracted you. The moment he entered the hall, you stopped sobbing. Why can't you see his love?' Annable babbled and I pretended to listen to her. All her attempt to show me his love was fruitless

Ring, Ring. The school bell rand and I jumped out of History class, feeling free. Our history teacher tried her best to draw my attention for the last two hours but I sank in my diaphanous thoughts. I saw Richard 's jolly face and I had goosebumps. I couldn't bear his ice-blue eyes, which drives the 'other' girls insane, not me.
Suddenly, Annable dragged me towards Richard. She removed her raven-black hair from her forehead with a keen a smile. There was an awkward silence and then I opened my mouth to abuse Richard, but instead I found out my lips were on his. His fingures were in my mahagony shaded hair and eyes locked on my watery eyes. As we sunk into an unbearable feeling, he pulled me closer and closer. Everyone murmured 'aww', seeing us gracefully penetrating each other.
Recalling the whole incident, I laughed my heads off. He gazed at me unwaveringly and said,' When you crack a smile the world gets upside down.''Then I'll stop smilling because if the world turns upside-down, I won't see you the way you are right now.'I said holding him tight.



© 2014 Fariha Tahseen Karim


Author's Note

Fariha Tahseen Karim
its a story about the breakup of a couple.. I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to leave your reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its very cute and adorable!! I hope its just a fiction cuz i wouldn't really love to be in such treacherous state of teenage emotions!! Its a roller-coaster ride with hormones at that age!! Loved it. Its like some episode of a teenage drama!! Thanks for sharing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

my pleasure :)
The broken pieces of glass were untouched; they shimmered in the moonlight. I thrived to walk on them but my mind was already bleeding.'I'm going to find someone better than you,' I shrieked, but my heart pounded so hard that my chest ached. i thought my life plunged into darkness. He left me shattered.

I love this opening! Amazing use of the metaphors.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much1
diaphanous thoughts, nice, how poetic, what public displays of affection we see here, lucky "lover-ing"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much! (blushing)
This is quite good. A very strong opening. The metaphor you ar using about the glass and the bleeding of your mind is very fitting. :)
Rudi

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much!!
Wow, twenty five times, my Omaha! I love the last paragraph, but I also love the rest or the beginning as that it may be.

I think you want to change spin to spine and leaves to leaf, but that is a mechanical issue in terms of usage and spelling standardization; fingures sounds like a very interesting word, but my grammar teacher would not have allowed me to use it. Now that we are older it is not as important and helps us to create and appreciate new languages and dialectics

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much. Sory for the careless mistakes
Great story, absolutely loved it. You did a very good job at description, something that I've seen many story writers struggle at. You are truly gifted when it comes to writing, that's for sure!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much. I appreciate you liked it
sweet story...awesome write..thanks for sharing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much
I loved the flow and vocabulary exhibited within this divine work of poetry! Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

thank you so much
Had I seen you gracefully penetrate each other I would have "murmured aww" too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

hee..thanks
I thrived to walk on them but my mind was already bleeding. This is amazing... I love this particular line and the visual scene it brings to me and the emotions I felt when reading this...

The broken pieces of glass were untouched; they shimmered in the moonlight. Might consider:
The broken pieces of glass were untouched, shimmering in the moonlight.

A stench of treachery floated in my room and a chill ran down my spin. Another great sentence. I do think you forgot the e on spine... alas... chills ran down my own spine..

The only things I noticed was the grey sky, perched stalky bushes and a leave that hung from a naked, curled up tree in damp air. (love this part)

He gave me a shower of insult and I threw him in the hole of embarrassment. Again... Love this
The ending few sentence were truly fascinating and spot on...
Hope this helps some...


Posted 9 Years Ago


Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

I started to become your fan. You prove that you are an amazing writer because you can find out flaw.. read more

9 Years Ago

"ah.. and you make me blush." I'm not so sure I am a amazing writer... I adore the written word and .. read more
Fariha Tahseen Karim

9 Years Ago

well-said.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 17, 2014
Last Updated on November 17, 2014
Tags: its love or what?

Author

Fariha Tahseen Karim
Fariha Tahseen Karim

chittagong, islam, Bangladesh



About
If a glass is half full and half empty, I see it as half empty because I know I have the ability to fill it up. Just like fire is hungry for woods, I am also famished and want to consume more and more.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Defiant Defiant

A Poem by Colton Warr


Exam!!! Exam!!!

A Poem by Tasfia Islam