Blakey's surprise party

Blakey's surprise party

A Story by Kevin Chelsea
"

A disgruntled employee wants to give his boss the surprise she deserves.

"
Blakey worried that the sound of breaking glass might bring in the cleaners. They had their hands busy, but it was still hard enough to get around them. Waiting for them to pass before scurrying across the open to the small nook he hid in. The small corridor between the houses, it blocked the orange street light washed past along the street. If his plan was to go off without a hitch, Blakey had to be quiet. To sneak inside and hide, just needed to be careful of the gla-

"F****r." Blakey looked at the back of his hand, blood ran down between his fingers and down his thumb.

If that blood attracted the dogs, it was all over. He'd have a bullet in his head before they even got him back out into the street. F**k it, he fished out his phone and he turned on the screen to use it as a flashlight. He took a quick look around. It could be already too late, there was blood on the cement sidewalk and the cleaners would be coming by with the dogs in a few minutes.

Thinking fast, Blakey yanked the scarf from around his neck and wrapped it around his cut hand. In the next second, he was grimacing and trying to squeeze out a stream of piss. It was a dumb idea, but anything was worth a shot. After zipping up, he used his phone to check. At least his aim was good.

Blakey picked glass from the edge of the window frame and placed them on the ground. The room he was breaking into was an empty storage, he'd been there just a few hours before taking stock. He was quiet enough to hear the sound of boots walking the sidewalk. The sound of the sniffer dog panting away. If they shined the light towards the broken window, they'd see the glass.

It didn't matter. He was as close to succeeding in his plan anyway. Either way, he was fucked. So is she. Blakey felt his way across the dark room and found the closet with the door. In there would be perfect. He closed the door behind him and sat on the floor, back against the wall. His hand throbbed. That didn't bother him though, his forearm did. It was her fault. That f*****g c**t saw the paper work and, against Blakey's begging, he was sent out for supplies. F*****g bitten by a tattered zombie while he was reaching into the grass to pick up a bottle of water he dropped. He didn't have long, he'd be one of them in not too long. Sometime in the night, she'd hear noises in her basement. She'd think it was a looter, they'd been getting worse lately. She'd open the closet and he would bite her hello. That's what mattered.

The End

© 2012 Kevin Chelsea


Author's Note

Kevin Chelsea
Been almost a year since I really put any words down. Well, more than a paragraph.

Blah blah blah

There ya go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
Added on October 31, 2012
Last Updated on October 31, 2012

Author

Kevin Chelsea
Kevin Chelsea

IR#4, The Cariboo, Canada



About
►My Blogger website, Stories from #4 I'm just a happy-go-lucky-guy from the rez. Working on putting the links to the stories I moved to blogger here, just smaller. I'll still upload new st.. more..

Writing