Watch out, Fantasies

Watch out, Fantasies

A Poem by fattycbreezy52
"

If you don't believe in imagination, I don't believe in you.

"



You just played your cards well because whenever I tried to catch your eye,
I never found you looking at me the way you used to.

Was it just the passage of time or was it just us, changing and evolving into perhaps, better human beings? 

We were kiddish when we once used to squirm inside watching the naked models in our art classes. But now we are just immune to any amount or portion of the exposed skin.

Don't know if that's aversion or just maturity?


Once I dreamt of riding an Eagle but little did I know that this same eagle would eat his liver out and make me choke on his shoulder of mutton.  

Gross you would say! 

But I would simply give it the name of crude physical horror. 

Damn! 
I have written poems on ghosts sitting in the dark at 1 am while the household was happily sleeping away and my neighbours were having a sexual intercourse. 

                                          Trust me, their ooh-aah sounds and moans also didn't prove strong enough to break my concentration. 

I had so many rumbles from my own stomach begging to open a pack of Lays Caribbean flavour. 
And how I just shut my tummy up. 

I said a bad idea to eat anything now that I have already brushed. 

I had f*****g 8:30 am class at the college to attend and my dissertation week made me sit on the toilet seat wavering continuously between attention and distraction. 


Common question- Why the heck do we poets tend to become more active at night? Of course, there isn't always moonlight and personally, I have nothing to do with the moonlight. 

Like I am fine with any ambience, with or without moon. 

Again, I am not the kind of writer who would give out "10 ways to get over your breakup." 

Nor am I alone without a lover. I guess I do not have any fetishes for owls either, since its hard to find the likes of Harry Potter's Owl here. 

That's the worst part. 

I lose a track and jump to another. 

My mind knows no straight course. It's as meandering and curvy as a river. 
Curvy.. Reminds you of that bikini body when at the Bondi beach, basking in the golden sun? 

You had complimented my brown hair as "house of gold" because it streamed out behind me shining like gold in the sun, winking at your loins to do it's magic in the bathroom while we were taking a shower together.

Somehow I cannot let the coolness of that slimy shower water slip my consciousness. 

F**k it has now passed into my unconscious long time back without my ever realising it even. 

How time changes! 

I wish time was cyclical! I wish time stood still! I wish it was stationary! 

I wish we could just grab certain moments and make a play of romance out of it. Staging it would have made us better stars than SRK or Leonardo DiCaprio (well, JK). 

Long way to go before we qualify as legends. 


.......................And there I was, sitting with my usual daily thoughts until it was 2 pm, a stroke that dissolved my after-midnight fantasies, 
      killing them as soon as they were born, taking them back to their graves and proclaiming silently in each of their ears,

                       *RIP*

© 2019 fattycbreezy52


Author's Note

fattycbreezy52
Back to writing shit

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the words and thoughts my friend. You danced on many emotions.
"I wish we could just grab certain moments and make a play of romance out of it. Staging it would have made us better stars than SRK or Leonardo DiCaprio (well, JK).
Long way to go before we qualify as legends."
I liked the above lines. Most of us, wish we were braver and we could do take-backs. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


wow,this is a deep write,i liked the trip

Posted 5 Years Ago


Wow this is such a sad piece. Angry, hurt and sad as another trades us in and leaves us bereft. So much hurt in a poem feels like someone abandoned.

Posted 5 Years Ago


hi fatty!!! so glad your writing .er........ more "stuff" ;)
oh my goodness fatty ..how your ... "journal" ...i think it more journaling than something other .. is brutally honest ... always a plus in my book .. and so tragic .. the gloom of "loosing" fire in a romance; dreams, hopes ... as certain of living realities hit home :( i read the title and took a moment to absorb that and the pic and the challenge to believe in magick which you call imagination :) so the contrast with your theme had a more powerful effect emotionally on me .. i think you mean 2 AM not PM or did you write it that way on purpose? i am a morning person me self .. most of my adult life spent that way .. up at the witching hour ;) seems my imagination clicks off with breakfast ... great to have you active again fatty ...
E.


Posted 5 Years Ago


Classic writing, how entertaining was that, enjoyed each chapter immensely. Yes on a few reads I just ponder your exact thoughts why everything is as it is! A refreshing narrative write lol. Well done!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2019
Last Updated on March 16, 2019
Tags: fantasy, imagination, night, writer, moonlight

Author

fattycbreezy52
fattycbreezy52

About
Music,dancing,singing,acting,dubbing,writing and playing with voices are my areas of specialization/existence. Being a Literature student,my love for Keats,Coleridge and Blake led me all the way to t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cool Sand Cool Sand

A Poem by MsJewel