It's not difficult to do the dishes. It's difficult to not do them!

It's not difficult to do the dishes. It's difficult to not do them!

A Poem by fattycbreezy52
"

Day 2 of Corona series

"


Before starting with this piece, let me make it clear:No, maids are not on a holiday.

Choose your words wisely (Jk).


It's Day 2 and has anything changed? Except that Corona is increasing in leaps and bounds and making you feel even more anxious about breaking free and getting a pizzzzzzzzzaaaaa !You know what sucks the most? Staying away from your loved ones:)


And surprisingly, the feeling of seeing or meeting them in person increases even more, especially during such hideous times.It's strange that a normal or almost a long-lost relative whose Whatsapp message had been rotting in your inbox since weeks (months, in my case) is something that triggers you to get back and rebuild your relation even on a bare-bones foundation just because the dishes have been terribly messing with your banal, raw emotions and because you'd do just about anything and everything to break free from this quarantine.Phew! That was a long sentence!

Anyway,Life is a hot mess, yet peaceful.


What a paradox!Undoubtedly, the only happiest person right now is the Universe.

Sorry for the uncanny personification!

But let me declare this today,

Universe is the hero of my piece.

In my story, Universe is actually at the center of the Universe.Someone who stays as a silent spectator despite being the central figure, the protagonist.Hush! I shouldn't be divulging all the details because this hero can listen to everything....

He/She/Both can listen to us talking

He/She/Both can listen to the sound of the water from the tap and the force with which it hits the upside-down surface of the pan in which I had cooked an omelette this morning.


Certainly, there is an immense pleasure in doing the dishes when you know it has almost become a ritual.What if the sink was a vast space, almost like the universe into which you can throw just anything and it will be lost forever!


Has anyone thought of dumping Corona in there?And may be you can find all the mysteries of Universe in that virus. What if humans were never really a part of it?


hat if it was just about the universe and virus all this while with humans acting as a side-kick to keep the drama going....And if you're still thinking that this write-up was all about dishes or at least was gonna be on dishes,

I am sorry,

But I have a stream-of-consciousness-induced-mind.



P.S: Let's not ignore the dishes!



© 2020 fattycbreezy52


Author's Note

fattycbreezy52
Stay safe!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fatty! I'll try to keep up with your coming episodes .. so your hook is set ;) seems there are a lot of perceived "enemies" in our lives aren't there ... you seem to be on a Zen like track ... see it ... own it ... let it go ;) i am lucky (i have said so more than several times here at the Cafe' ..quarantine, masks, hand washing ...are not new to me (retired PICU RN) and being retired in a little cabin acres away from neighbors ... my life has changed little .. i like my solitude .. i wear a mask when asked to out of respect .. tho for most i think they are pretty useless ... we don't use them properly and don't throw them away and don't wash them after each use .. they protect others if one is coughing or sneezing .. many have been devastated by all the deaths and the economic horrors of not being able to work ... prayer can help says i! ... and accepting all things as a part of Divine Providence as your creative writing suggests .. will keep our emotional/spiritual selves intact .. can't wait for your next installment Fatty! peace and joy!
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Aye up alss Somdyis left thi a pileo' washin up (I sumtimes go off ita dialect) (Wht - cos I want ter)

No I did' t think it were all abhat dishes Its just hoe life is now

Machine went daft An I forgot what I was going to say

Went to the dentist with a broken tooth (It were still I'n my mouth - but broken)

I hadn't been outside cept for sitting alone in the sunny garden
Som took me to town in his car and left me alone outside a closed cafe _ notice on the door @Please wait here until we bring you in- Thank you"
Gosh why - Oh yes its how people are living now
It was strange nine o'clock in the morning and no one else I sight
Walke up the slight hill my legs felt as though they were a borrowed pair
Had to knock not he dentist shops door sit here please AND PUT YOUR FACE MASK ON

Dentist was sitting at the chair with his nurse along side Both dressed in black from head to foot
Oh gosh _ I has expected them to be in green or white _ BLACK ---

Once the ordeal was over (15 mins with mouth open while he worked on my tooth)
OK you can go now
No one in the waiting room (No chairs)
Thank you you can go now The door was locked behind me
Rang son to pick me up _ still no one on the street

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2020
Last Updated on April 10, 2020

Author

fattycbreezy52
fattycbreezy52

About
Music,dancing,singing,acting,dubbing,writing and playing with voices are my areas of specialization/existence. Being a Literature student,my love for Keats,Coleridge and Blake led me all the way to t.. more..

Writing