Other Peoples Thoughts.

Other Peoples Thoughts.

A Poem by Fayte
"

Neighbor - Mother Mother.

"
I saw the way your eyes lit up when you spoke of him. I witnessed the way your hands shook when you took his cigarette. I could feel your untold emotions flying away, searching for a vessel that wouldn't deny them the simple joy of honesty. I saw the hurt in your stance as you watched him walk away, and i could feel your heart screaming its confessions to anyone that would listen. I'm aware of the veil that separates what you want from reality, i was there when you built walls around your heart. And i am here today, when someone slipped through the cracks you weren't aware were forming on your defenses. It's our little secret, which you may never know. I am your neighbor, I know you better then you know yourself.

I long for the day when I'll admit i had my own misconceptions about you and I..

© 2011 Fayte


Author's Note

Fayte
This is as much a story as it is a poem. I kind of got inspired and created this character, (well, both of them) and wrote as though it was coming from their point of view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

Fayte
Fayte

belleville, Canada



About
17, short, & clumsy. everyday is a battle. i stay positive :) more..

Writing
Sudden Death Sudden Death

A Poem by Fayte