Music is the Way to Go

Music is the Way to Go

A Poem by Fear Corrupts!

                " Music is The Way To Go"

 

* * * * * * *

Cliche slashes mark her arm's,

Bloody slits, fatal harm.

Dusty records lay in her hand's.

Dying to the sound of her favourite bands.

 Electric guitar, her mental break.

Vocal Harmony, her peaceful escape.

The rhythmical beat that gave her this high.

Music, the final voice, her last goodbye.

 

* * * * * * *

© 2009 Fear Corrupts!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have a unique and fresh style that I admire
This was intensely dark but written so eloquently that
it lulls you to peace as if you're dying with the character lost in the music
genius
One of the best poems I've read on here!



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dope! Very flytactular. Great concept, very original, and she dies at the hands of her record. I'm snapping my fingers in applause! I wish it were longer! But if I had to go, that's EXACTLY how I would want to go....With my music. Maybe bust myself over the head with my ipod till I die or something.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a nice way to go, i must say.. a few more lines would make it more interesting.. nice poem anyway...

Regards,
Poetic Soul

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this, a suicidal musical... Its depressing, which its supposed to be, well written and a interesting read.
Id like to think that music helps us through the tough times, it does for me anyway. Great poem. kudos.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I had a friend who used to cut himself, he hung himself in jail after stealing his stepfather's guns and selling them to buy crack cocaine. He was looking for escape and dug his own grave. He was starved for attention and is now ignored as another tombstone in the graveyard. But I liked him, I just couldn't save him. He was an accomplished martial artist and a generally nice guy. His mind was just at war with his body and both lost. He always wanted me to play my guitar for him and this made me think of him.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it. Darkness abounds, but in a very digestable way. Funny how the thought of pleasing music even lessens the fear of death.
Just me.
Capt. Ugly

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like to the form of this piece, it is an interesting way to tell this story.

If I may suggest one change: "The rhythmical beat that gave her [this] high."

Posted 15 Years Ago


Although I am not a fan of "cutting", I actually enjoyed the poem.

I could relate to it very well. Music is one of my greatest escapes as well...

Great job.

Always,
-Aurelia Mirella

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008
Last Updated on August 1, 2009

Author

Fear Corrupts!
Fear Corrupts!

Wastedville, Canada



About
''Often what defines one's wisdom is not what one knows, but what one can predict " "Don't let other people determine your actions or alter your personality. Your reputation belongs to you, and is .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..