The Value of a Human Life

The Value of a Human Life

A Story by Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride
"

This is an article about third-world labor

"


People often state that one could never put a value on a human life. Ideologically this is true, but in reality it is not. How can I prove that you ask? Well, I look through my personal effects. I see my iphone and my Tommy Hilfiger brand wallet, then I hop onto my computer and see the atrocities committed in third worlds by champions of the American capitalism. Many call Steve Jobs a genius, a hero, would he be happy to know that his foreign workers are the victims of atrocious human rights violations, unsafe working conditions and the inability to earn a living wage? I certainly hope not. I recently heard about Tommy Hilfiger's oversees sweatshops and how they lock the fire escape exits to 'prevent theft'. Because certainly, it's more cost effective to let child laborers die in a fire than to lose the profit from one cheap leather wallet, because when it comes to the children �" there are plenty more where they came from.

© 2012 Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 10, 2012
Tags: politics, labor, sweatshop, abuse

Author

Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride
Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

FL



About
Surviving addict. Self harm death suicide walking through hell, a retrospective account. Aspiring gonzo journalist/new age writer. more..

Writing