The Choice

The Choice

A Story by Veronica
"

"I dream of things that never were, and ask why not." -Robert F. Kennedy

"
When their eyes locked, it was like sparks flew through the air like fireworks on the Fourth of July. Audrey couldn't shake the feeling she got when she looked into his deep blue-green eyes. On so many occasions, she would try to catch his gaze while walking through the hall. Did he see her the way she saw him? Did he feel the magic in the air around them? 
As time rolled by like the ocean waves, Audrey still felt a desire to be with Drew. It was not your average school girl crush that left just as quickly as it came. Oh, no. What Audrey felt was entirely more magical. Trying to disguise her feelings, she avoided him at all costs and tried not to return his mesmerizing gaze at her. even the most nonobservant people noticed her feelings for him. They often stated she "liked" him. Audrey hated that term. She liked chocolate fudge brownies, but would not term her attraction towards Drew that she "liked" him. From the first day she met him, Audrey felt like she knew him her whole life. That type of connection is very rare, and Audrey was determined not to ruin it. 
The weeks turned into months as the rain turned into snow. As Audrey laid awake on a cold, January night, she wished the feelings would go away. After all, how could she fall for someone so completely blind of her feelings for him? How could she even think she was in love with him? Audrey always thought that it was impossible to be in love with someone who didn't return the feeling. She knew the truth now. Falling in love was like falling off a horse; if you find yourself heartbroken, get back on your feet and try again. Don't give up on love. Audrey wasn't even sure she was read to love again. i guess her heart was ready to move on from her previous heartbreak. She wanted to be happy again. She wanted to find the girl she used to be. 
All her friends would tease her and laugh at her and Drew, but she knew there was no Drew and her. She remembered when they played truth or dare together and he admitted he would definitely tell someone how he felt about them. Audrey wished she had the courage to say those three little words that were just ready to fall off her tongue. Those three words that she had said so many times to Liam, her first love. Eight letters that she was just dying to whisper to Drew. Eight letters she dreamed he would whisper back to her
I love you.

© 2013 Veronica


Author's Note

Veronica
This is about the fear to tell somebody how you feel and knowing if you wait too long, it will be too late. "Words, how little the mean, when you're a little too late."- Taylor Swift

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on January 10, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2013
Tags: dreamer, dreams, love, hope, life, misfortune, mistakes, confession, teenage, quote, desperate, anger, fearless, longing

Author

Veronica
Veronica

About
Geez. How do i describe myself? Basically, I'm just your average teenage girl. Nutella is my best friend. Taylor Swift has inspired me to be fearless and write about life's treacherous journies. Even .. more..

Writing