Like a Puzzle

Like a Puzzle

A Story by Veronica

Have you ever put together a 1,000 piece puzzle? I bet you feel rather accomplished when you finish. However, sometimes there can be a missing puzzle piece. You can look all over for it-under the couch, behind the TV- but no matter what, you never find that missing piece. It can take years to find it even though it may be right in front of your eyes. And once you find it, you make sure you never lose it again. 
I think of the heart as a gigantic puzzle that you have to put together over the course of your life. People always say such foolish things about them losing a piece of themselves, but I think that's the whole point of life is. We need to find those missing puzzle pieces and try to form a clear picture out of them. What would life be like if our hearts were whole to begin with? Why, there would be no purpose to life! No need for love! We have all suffered loss in one way or another. Whether it is a death of a family member or a goodbye from the person you love the most in the world. Whatever the case may be, those missing pieces have made us all stronger in some way or another. A puzzle doesn't come already assembled. Quite the contrary, it fact. It takes quite some time to solve the puzzle and even when you do, it can easily fall apart. What I have learned is the more missing pieces your heart has, the stronger you will become. The big question you might ask yourself is simply, "How do I get the puzzle to stay together?" An easy answer would be glue. As much as we wish glue would mend our broken hearts, it cannot. Fortunately, the glue that holds the heart together is plentiful and will never run out. What is the glue? Simple. The glue is love. 

© 2013 Veronica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on February 7, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013
Tags: Love, boy, girl, heart, broken, broken heart, puzzle, puzzle piece, glue, heartbreak, loss, stronger, fearless

Author

Veronica
Veronica

About
Geez. How do i describe myself? Basically, I'm just your average teenage girl. Nutella is my best friend. Taylor Swift has inspired me to be fearless and write about life's treacherous journies. Even .. more..

Writing
The Choice The Choice

A Story by Veronica