Dead End

Dead End

A Story by Samantha-Lee
"

Just a short piece about being lost.

"
So you go for a walk. You walk down the street, around the block, through the town. You walk down a dark alley, paying no particular attention to your surroundings. And then it happens, you hit a dead end. You can't go anywhere but back the way you came, or you can just sit there, waiting, for something else to happen.

It never will.

You have no choice. You have to go back and find a different path. There is always a different path. You just have to find the right one to get where you need to go. 

So you turn around, you start walking back. Thinking back over where you went wrong, which turn was the one that got you lost in the first place? Was it your own fault, was it a direction someone gave you, or a fluke? A random mistake that happened for no reason, through no ones fault? No, there was a reason, there was something to learn, even if it was just not to go that way next time.

So what do you do? Where do you go? Which direction do you head in next? Do you even have any idea where you're going, where you want to be, where you need to end up? 

Or are you lost, like me?

© 2011 Samantha-Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011

Author

Samantha-Lee
Samantha-Lee

Sydney, Australia



About
Apprehension, anxiety and fear plague me. I'm scared of being alone. Of being stuck somewhere I do not want to be. Of losing myself. I'm afraid that one day, I will wake up, and everything that is my .. more..

Writing
Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee


1. 1.

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee


2. 2.

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee