Chapter one: five years later

Chapter one: five years later

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

Teenagers

"

"KATIE GET YOUR A*S DOWN HERE! BREAKFAST" Dom yells over the blasting screamo music. When no answer comes he stomps up the stairs and pounds on the door to which the music was coming from. The music stops and about ten minutes later the door opens. A teenage girl stands in the doorway.

 

"WHAT?" She snaps angrily crossing her arms. Dom looks at his "adopted" Daughter. It had been 5 years since he rescued her from her abusive father and drunken mother and Katie had turned out to be a troubled but sweet girl. Standing before him now she was 15 and had a bad attitude. Her ash blonde hair was in a loose ponytail to one side, a streak of vibrant hot pink sneaking its way loose from the holders grip. Her shirt was off one shoulder and had some Metal band plastered on the front, Her shorts just barely long enough to be called such. But that's not what caught Dom's attention. It was the strong "skunk smell that was admitting from the depths of her room, just barely covered by a synthetic floral scent. Dom looks at her and crosses his own arms.

 

"Really Katie, You're not even going to try to hide it?" He says as he spies the culprit still lite in an ashtray on her computer desk. She looks over her shoulder at it and then looks back at him shrugging.

 

"No point, now why did you bang on my door?" She says feigning disinterest and picks at her black covered nails. Dom just shakes his head and ruffles her hair to which she bats his hand away in frustration. He smiles and her and Laughs.

 

"Breakfast lets go" She smiles at him and goes back into her room, she snubs out her "cigarette" and closes her door. The two make their way down the stairs to the kitchen as the smells of maple and bacon filter to her nose.

 

"Yes Mia's cooking!" She says and dashing into the kitchen, her stomach rumbling. She slides onto a barstool and waits her turn to be served. Mia smiles at her, her brown eyes filled with Love for her "niece".

 

"Here you go Katie, extra bacon extra fatty just the way you like em." She says and slides five pieces onto her plate along with sausage links and scrambled eggs. With a mutters thanks Katie starts stuffing her face, not bothering with manners. A quiet chuckle comes from next to her makes her freeze, her fork half way to her mouth. She looks over to see a unfamiliar man sitting next to her. She jumps in fear and bolts from her seat knocking into Bryan who was just entering the room. He puts his hands out and catches her making sure she doesn't fall.

 

"Easy Katie its OK." He says to her, knowing her old fear of Strange men was making her freak out. She looks up at him. Her green eyes afraid. "It's OK. He's an old friend, he wont hurt you. Right Han?" He says looking over her head to the man.

 

" Yeah I wont hurt you, I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you." He says, his voice deep, making her instantly blush. She turns around to study him. He was Oriental but she couldn't figure out if he was Chinese, Japanese, Or Korean. His hair was a flowy black that went down to his shoulders and covered his eyes that matched. He was wearing a plain Navy shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans, doc martins covering his feet. Her eyes flickered to his mouth and her blush deepened, they were full and deep natural red. He was highly attractive and she quickly looked down in embarrassment. She just made a fool of herself.

 

"Nice to meet you." She mutters "If Dom needs me tell him I'll be in my room." She says. She side steps Bryan and bolts up the stairs to the safety of her room. Once in her room she slides down the door and draws her knees up close to her body. She buries her face into her knees and cries silently, her shoulders shaking. She hadn't had a freak out in a few years. She hated them. Screw her father for f*****g her up so badly that she flinched or bolted anytime a man she didn't know came near her.

Undiluted rage fills her and she grabs the nearest object close to her and chucks it at the wall. It hits with a hard Thud and drops to the ground in defeat. She swipes the tears out of her eyes and gets up. Going to her sound system she turns it up full blast and presses play. The sound of the Band IN THIS MOMENT fills the air as she grabs the snubbed out "cigarette". Lighting it back up she takes a hit and lets it calm her. She lays down on her bed and jams to the song W***e, taking hit after hit till she was feeling better



© 2015 Fenix Flight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoy the descriptions in your scenes. :) I can feel the emotions and see the setting very well. It can be tough to be vivid and clear at the same time within a story but so far I think it's great. Look forward to reading the next chapters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fenix Flight

9 Years Ago

I hope you enjoy the book. I have put my all into this book. its my pride and joy.. Currently writin.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
Great story so far Fenix. Its turning out to be very interesting.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fenix Flight

9 Years Ago

Thank you Ron. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book :-D
ron

9 Years Ago

I will read it Fenix and I know I will enjoy it. :-D
The good description create places and I liked her thoughts. You made each situation come alive with strong description. The chapter started strong and I liked how you ended the chapter. Cigarettes and thought. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 7, 2015
Last Updated on June 21, 2015

Forbidden love


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..