Chapter Forty-Three: New Flames

Chapter Forty-Three: New Flames

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

New Memories in Old Haunts

"

Katie leans against Twinkie as they wait on Melina's porch for her. His arms wrapped around her as she leans with her back against him. Melina was in her house fussing over what to wear, since it was a double date, Katie and Twinkie, Melina and Kennedy who was coming home from a family vacation. A car horn has Them jumping and turn around to see a light green Volkswagen Beetle pulling up to the curl. Kennedy jumps out and waves at them as she jogs up the pathway.



"Hey Katie, How have you been! Where's Lina?" She says, her light voice bringing a smile to Katie's face as she nods to the house



"The beauty queen is still getting ready." She says snuggling into Twinkie. "Oh and this is my boyfriend Twinkie." She says. Kennedy raises an eyebrow at the name making him laugh



"Its a nickname got it when I was younger and it's stuck." He explains, a slight flush on his face from Katie's words, just then Melina finally emerges from the house. Katie stares at her best friend. Her hair was curled into soft banana curls that fell around her shoulders, framing her face, her eyes popping out with the vamp yet beautiful makeup that she had applied, but the outfit is what stuns her the most. Gone was the Gothic black dresses she normally wore, instead she was wearing a turquoise blouse and a flirty bohemian skirt that flared out. "Wow Melina you look amazing." Twinkie says with gentleman grace. Melina blushes and walks over to her Girlfriend.



"Thank you Twinkie, and Hey baby." She says snaking her hand around Kennedy's waist and brings her closer, giving her a loving kiss that steals her breath away. Katie whistles and Twinkie chuckles, making Kennedy blush. Melina giggles and turns back to the others. " You take the Chrysler We'll take her car and we'll meet at the movies OK?" She says and tosses Katie the keys. Twinkie plucks them out of her hand and kisses her lightly on the lips when she tries to protest, making her pout.



"I wanted to drive," She says, looking at him with puppy dog eyes. He grins at her and kisses her again.



"You guys go on ahead, I actually had something to show her before the movies." Twinkie says his eyes never leaving Katie's, making a blush spread. Kennedy and Melina snicker but head down to the beetle, driving off while Katie still stared at Twinkie. " You ready?" He whispers, not trusting her voice she nods her head and lets him pull her down the pathway to the chrystler. Once inside, before turning it on he moves in his seat so he is facing her. Cupping her face in his hand he leans down and kisses her with a passion that took her breath away. Breaking the kiss he opens his eyes and smiles at her and turns around to start the car. They take off at the fast pace Katie had become accustomed to when it came to his driving. Han watches with Jealousy as Twinkie Leans over and kisses Katie, He had been passing by the window when he spotted them, the car drives awayleaving him hollow feeling, his sandwhich abandoned on the livingroom table as he heads upstairs to his room, no longer in the mood to be around others.



Katie watches as her beloved city flies by the window in a blur as Twinkie races through the streets. She had given up trying to weasel out of him where they were going, the only information he would say was that he had found this place the other day when Dom had let him take his car out for a drive. Suddenly the city falls away an very familiar scenes surrounds them. A memory whips into her mind, haunting her like a pesky ghost, a memory of Mazda's and drifting, of laying in the grass making out. The old Air force base looms up ahead and she has to fight back the tears that threaten to overtake her.



"We're going to the old Base? Why?" She asks, her voice shaky. Twinkie looks at her from the corner of his eye.



"You've been here before?" He asks. She nods her head.



"Um Yeah Melina and Han and I use to come out here sometimes and drift on the air strip, sometimes just me and him, or me and her." She explains, her voice fading into a whisper. Twinkie's hand grips the wheel tighter.



"Oh well We aren't going to the strip, See that building, the taller one?" He says in a strained voice, pointing. Katie follows his finger and sees a large dark building rising above all the others, she nods. "Well its got an amazing view of the city from the roof." Twinkie explains stepping on the gas, speeding up until the building was right in front of them. Its large structure looms in front of them as Twinkie parks the car in front. They get out t and taking Twinkie's offered hand they head to the doors where Katie sees that the door had been pried open, she looks at Twinkie and he shrugs. "There wasn't a do not enter sign so I figured I wasn't breaking rules." He says slyly dropping her hand to open the door, the sound of rusting hinges screeching in her ears. She enters and Twinkie follows behind, leaving the door open so they could make it back. Taking his hand again she lets him lead her up the stairs, the smell of dust and disuse making her nose itch, the sunlight flickering, trying to penetrate the cracks in the boarded up windows. They trudge up four flights of stairs until Twinkie stops at a door, light coming from the cracks underneath. "This is the door to the roof come on." He says shouldering the door open, the rusting hinges protesting but finally give way and the door flings open. Katie squints in the sudden brightness, her eyes had finally adjusted to the dark of the abandoned building. Twinkie puts his hand on her lower back and guides her through the door into the bright sunshine, the sun warming her face as she lifts it to the sky a smile on her face. "Look." He says whispering in her ear tickling it with his breath. She opens her eyes and gasps at the sight in front of her. the building was just the right height, and the city was just enough distance away that the lights and the building were outlined by the blazing sun, the city looking light glass as it glinted off the windows.



"Oh Wow Twinkie, this is Amazing!" She says in a breathy awe filled voice, " It's beautiful." She stares at the view, twinkling in the sun. Twinkie comes over and wraps his arms around her waist, letting her lean against his chest, her head on his shoulder. They stand like this for a few minutes, rocking slightly, letting the heat warm their skin as they stare at the city, so far away from this perfect moment. Ludacris's voice, coming from Katie's pocket shatters the quiet as her phone rings.She takes out the phone and sees Melina's number Flashing. "Hey Lina, No yeah we're coming, go in without us we'll get there soon, K love ya too, see you soon." She says and shuts the phone, turning around in Twinkie's arms she smiles up at him and wraps her arms around his neck as he smiles down at her. " The girls were growing impatient." She whispers, as if loud voices would shatter the beauty around them.



"Were they now? So they are watching the movie without us?" He says his eyebrow raised as a devious smile spreads on her face. "What do you have planned in the cute little head of yours hmm?" He teases making her blush. Katie looks down.



"Well I did tell them to go in without us, so we have a few minutes, maybe more before we have to get back. What do you think we should do?" She says flirtation ringing through her words. Twinkie looks down at her, his eyes wide and honest. A smirk on his lips.



"I can think of at least one thing we can do." He whispers back before she connects their lips in a soft passionate kiss. Katie steps closer to him as his hands wrap tighter around her, a moan rippling through him as she bites his lower lip. Kissing Twinkie was different then kissing Han, With Han there was a fiery passion that demanded to be felt that always left her breathless and hungry for more, where  with Twinkie it was soft, comfortable, pleasant, something Katie wouldn't mind doing over and over again. Suddenly it was like ice water is dumped into her veins and she breaks the kiss, her eyes flying open. Twinkie's eyes open up lazily, a look of concern on his face when he looks at her. "Are you OK?" He asks, loosening his hold. She gulps, guilt flooding her and she nods a little to sharply.



"Yeah, I'm just... I want to take this slow OK?" She says finding the perfect excuse. Twinkie nods his eyes softening.



"That's perfectly fine with me Katie." He says and kisses her forehead, "Come on We should probably get back, it will take at least fifteen minutes to get to the theater." He says and heads back to the door. The couple pick their way down the dark stairs, just now noticing the debris that had fallen as the building was left to rot. Once back outside Twinkie tosses her the keys. "You can drive now." He says earning a small kiss on the lips before she slides into the driverseat. Once buckled she guns the engine and with a yelp from Twinkie they speed off toward their friends.




************



Han waits until Katie shuts her door before emerging from his room, grabbing Twinkie before he has the chance to head to his and Shawn's room. Twinkie swears and struggles against his grip but he holds on tight, dragging the skinnier man until he could push him into his room, finally letting go when his door was safely shut behind him.



"What The F**k Man? That was so not cool!" Twinkie says rubbing his wrist where Han had squeezed it. Han just crosses his arms and leans against the door, glaring at his old friend.



"What are you doing with Katie?" He demands. He watches as the friend he use to know throws up guards, his eyes shutting out Han from his life.



"What's it to you man?" He says crossing his own arms. Han drops his and rakes them through his hair.



"Why are you with her?" He asks, his voice soft. Twinkie sighs and throws his hands up.



"Hey man you had your chance, I know that's not what you want to hear but maybe its time for you to move on, I liked her when she was in Tokyo and you know what she is finally giving me a chance, I don't want to know why or how it happened, I'm just grateful it did." He says. Han looks up at him, his words like a slap. He knew they were true, he knew he should move on, But shouldn't he fight for her. Looking at Twinkie, his eyes wide with honesty, and emotions swirling around his now unguarded eyes he sees that Twinkie genuinely cared for her. He sighs and looks down in defeat, nodding his head.



"You're right," Twinkie's eyes widen with shock $$$$$ "Wait I am? You're not mad?" He says with uncertainty. Han laughs a defeated little laugh and walks over to his friend, pulling him into a one arm hug, Patting him on the back.



" No I'm not mad at you Twink." He says letting him go. "But do me a favor OK?" He asks,



 "Anything"



"Take care of her ok?" Twinkie nods



" I will take care of her for as long as she lets me."



"Good"


© 2015 Fenix Flight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Forbidden love


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing