sweet like honey

sweet like honey

A Poem by Esther
"

3/11/19

"
i lace my fingers in his as we look out at the crashing waves. the calming breeze brushes against our skin softly and the tide flows over our toes. for a moment, i imagine abandoning everything and staying here forever. i smile at him and let go of his hand, running into the ocean. the cold water engulfs my body making me feel entirely weightless. being underwater is an unforgettable feeling. i envy the living creatures that call these vast waters their home. i come back up for air and see him run after me, filling the air with his laughter. his warm smile is sweet like honey. he dives into the water and swims towards me. i let the water engulf me again, this time with my eyes open. we interlock our hands underwater and in this moment i truly feel at home. 

© 2019 Esther


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a soft sweeping run of emotions...beautifully light, and decorated with romantic longing. Lovely poetry!

Posted 4 Years Ago


The painting and words. Amazing. Two by the sea. The perfect day. Thank you Esther for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Esther

5 Years Ago

the painting isn't mine but i thought it fit well :) thanks for your review!
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Esther.
A beutifully described love vingette so full of action and soft caresses of dreamy emotions as you paint this scene for the reader. A lovely and enjoyable read.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Esther

5 Years Ago

thank you! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2019
Last Updated on March 11, 2019
Tags: poetry, poem, prose, story, short story, romance, ocean, water, travel, wanderlust, fernweh

Author

Esther
Esther

Saint Louis, MO



About
22 ♡ poet ♡ stl more..

Writing
blizzard blizzard

A Poem by Esther


too cold too cold

A Poem by Esther



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..