No Way Back

No Way Back

A Poem by Frank G. Myers Jr
"

A poem about the current state of insanity in our world. ANd the lack of hope or caring to solve it.

"

 

 

We as a world have dug a hole,

We have cheated, scammed, stolen and killed to an extent that we will never repent.

There is no way to redeem the innocence that once inhabited even the darkest corners.

Our greed and arrogance has gotten us to this point,

We have let ourselves become taken over by the cheap thrills and public image.

Not realizing that we are the public and have no one to impress but ourselves.

If we cannot first be at peace with ourselves, how then can we expect to bring that peace to others.

We try and help civilize one another by destroying land that is though to be holy by a specific group.

When and where, or better yet how do we justify such acts as helpful or civil?

Or does it not matter to us?

Has our selfishness and self centered state of mind gotten so bad that we care not to understand such action.

There has to be some form of remorse right?

We cannot have possibly grown so cold and frigid.

Is it possible that our world has become infested with those who do not care about the value of human life?

Or even nature for that matter.

This must be a dream, some surreal mind trip triggered by stress and frustration.

Sadly though, deep within something assures us it’s real, and the odds of reversing it from this point are dim.

Which means the stake of all is much higher than can be fathomed.

© 2011 Frank G. Myers Jr


Author's Note

Frank G. Myers Jr
Give me your feedback and insight on this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011

Author

Frank G. Myers Jr
Frank G. Myers Jr

Youngstown, OH



About
I am 23. Live in Youngstown, Ohio. I started writing poetry in the 5th grade when forced to do so for english class. Wrote a random poem that was surprisingly published. I then began reading Poe and b.. more..

Writing