Second.

Second.

A Chapter by Fede

Aiden and Berenice left the park, the rain shower led them to his home. He wasn’t sure how to feel so he decided to be excited by this opportunity to continue the talk there. 

The rain shower soon turned into a rain storm by the time they arrived at his place. The wind was blowing even harder than before. 

"Luckily we left before the storm came" he said.

She replied that his question was asked in the exact moment. That answer made him really happy, he thought that everything was turning out better than expected.

They entered the building, climbed the stairs and arrived at the second floor. He tooked his keys out of his coat and opened the door.

"After you" he said to her, grinning. She grinned back and thanked him. He proceeded to undress her from her black glowing coat. 

"Is there a hair dryer here?" she asked him. "There’s one in the toilet next to a towel, in case you need it too." 

After some minutes she came back to the living room and was asked if she wanted something hot. She replied that a black tea would be perfect. He then went to the kitchen to prepare tea. 

While he was there, she was captivated by a couple of things. The first one that caught her eye was the vast collection of literature he had. From the Ancient Greek classics to the 20th century Russian writers. 

She turned her head to her left and saw his coats. He had some clearly taken from Coppola’s masterpiece ‘The Godfather’ and some that she believed they were taken from a hipster’s wardrobe. “They are funny” she whispered. 

"Have you seen the record collection?" he shouted from the kitchen. "Not yet, sweetie." 

All of a sudden a tea cup fell to the floor and shattered. 

She ran into the kitchen and cried, “are you hurt?” 

He replied he wasn’t, that the cup slipped from his hand and fell to the floor. The tea was ready. They grabbed another cup, two sugar cubes and put the couch pillows to the floor. 

They sat beneath the record player and Aiden let Berenice picked the record. “I love this” she said while looking at the ‘What Did You Expected From The Vaccines?’ cover with thrill. 

The first song started playing while she listened carefully without even moving. He was feeling tired but thinked that the tea would kept him awake. It did. Not enough time but it did. 

"I bet your voice sounds majestic" he said. No answer came from Berenice’s lips. He asked again. It looked like a desperate move but he didn’t care. 

"I bet your voice sounds majestic" he said once again. She turned at him, looked at him straight in the eyes and replied that she wasn’t a good singer. 

He was feeling more tired than before. ‘Family Friend’ was playing when he finally fell asleep. 

He woke up two hours later. She wasn’t there. He found a letter signed by Berenice.



© 2014 Fede


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really gets the reader ready for more, especially the ending. Short chapter and same thing as before with the spacing and indents. (:

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 21, 2014
Tags: story, short story, fiction, jasmine, petals, love


Author

Fede
Fede

Argentina



Writing