Part Eleven

Part Eleven

A Chapter by Flame DM

“Louie found me shortly after. He helped me get to the barn when the sun came and that’s it. That’s the story, are you happy now?” She asked with agitation in her voice.

          He still had his broken cap in between his teeth chewing on it lightly. “Yes, yes I am.”

          “So?” Her voice gave off more agitation.

          Briggs just smiled. “So what?”

          “Did you figure out your decision yet!” She snapped. “I mean I held to my part, and the first part of the story only pertained to what was going on.”

          Briggs looked up at the ceiling, his face full of thought as he decided to waste more time.

          “So you grabbed me as soon as I went to town because you knew your sister was after me?” he mused.

          “I didn’t grab you, your uncle took me to you!” she sighed. “Why are you stalling this part anyways? Why can’t you just answer my one question?”

          “And you made up this question so I would be busy on something else, once again eluding your sister from me?”

          Her face flushed. “Well…I didn’t make it up, sir! This is serious! And just because it helps save your life in the end it doesn’t mean that I was wrong. I really really think that they’re out there in the woods!”

          “And why do you say that?” He raised his brow and his pen clamped deeper in his teeth. “I checked the woods myself and found nothing! And I hunt these things for a living!”

          “What about the dog that attacked Damian that tried to save your kid?” The vampire shouted frustrated. “There are NO dogs that are willing to attack us. I’ve been on earth that long to know!”

          “The Jefferson’s  are missing their mutt,” the hunter smirked. “There is you’re answer.”

          “The howls during the night? Wolf howls?”

          “Checked the woods.”

          “What about the wolf that ate the elk! I didn’t imagine that!”

          “For all I know you lied about that part,” He said calmly rising to his feet. “Besides, its about time I return to my job.”

          “Out west you mean?” she said bitterly. “What about the lycans? What about you’re town?!”

          He just gave another smirk when placing on his brown dirty Indianna  Jones looking hat. “You’re a vampire, aren’t you? And you seem to be doing a good job as it is protecting this place. My job is out there, not here. So you can do whatever you think is right.”

          Her eye widened while the blue stayed the same. “You’re not even going to help? If it’s a whole group I won’t be able to stop them. I’m just one girl! Briggs, every demon fears you, if you just showed your face they’d run. If I showed mine I’d be mince meat…”

          “You wanted to die, didn’t you?” He asked. “Besides if I believed there was lycans here I would have done something.”

          “That’s not the point!” She cried. “If I’m gone then Luna’s got free range again and then there’s lycans! Two hell forces! And you’re just leaving me to fight alone!?”

          The hunter brushed by her. “Again, you’re a vampire. Figure it out.”

          “But Mr.  Briggs!” He heard he cry but he slammed the door shut behind her cutting off any other sound he could hear from the thing. She was a vampire, and he had to remember that. The girl may have never sucked human blood but it still could, and it was immune. And for all he knew it was just a big fat lie to get him trapped. And that was the one thing he couldn’t happen.

          He had a job to do, and it didn’t involve that…oddly different eye vampire.

          Briggs, the great Louis Briggs didn’t say goodbye to his little four year old girl or his teenage son. They could stay in bed and find out tomorrow that he was gone. Goodbyes were always hard. He dropped his duffle bags in his trunk and hopped into the driver’s seat. 80’s music blared off the radio and Briggs drew off.

          She was wrong about the lycans, had to be. He smiled at the thought. He checked it himself.

          He heard a howl in the distance, and then there was another one.

          Louis Briggs thought of blue and gold eyes for the rest of his trip.



© 2008 Flame DM


Author's Note

Flame DM
this is the last installment to Blood Suckers. I'm planning to write another one, so just tell me what you think and things you might like to see for the second one. Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simply put..this is a great book. Enjoyed very much. Found it a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing. P.W.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:-O wow that was awesome you rock

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow I love these kind of stories. I have always liked Vampires . You are very good at your craft.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What do I think...I think that you are an excellent story teller. You have written a story that has a truthful essence to the base of it...filled with irony and a modern day edge.

I would like to see Stella and Louis join forces to disband Luna and her clan...or at the very least drive them into the badlands...wherever that may be. I'm sure that in the chapters to follow, you'll rope in the readers and never let them go until...The End

A most entertaining read! Good luck on the next chapter...I know I'll be waiting on the sidelines. ;-)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2008
Last Updated on November 16, 2008


Author

Flame DM
Flame DM

Hull



About
Hey! Not sure what to really put in my about me, but I'm just gonna wing it, so everyone just bare with me. I don't really give out my real name, sorry, buuut that's just the way it is. You can know m.. more..

Writing
Day One 12/15/09 Day One 12/15/09

A Chapter by Flame DM



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Slave Writer Slave Writer

A Story by Flame DM