Slave Writer

Slave Writer

A Story by Flame DM
"

I'm frustrated with my writing projects so I wrote this to vent. It's not the greatest but here you go.

"

 

“It’s not right, you’re going to have to do it again.”
But this was the eighth time! I swear I had it right this time! My fingers ached along with my head. A dull throbbing pain ticked along with the sound of the clock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Time was flying by and I still wasn’t getting this right. No, no it was right, it had to be right.
                “If you did it right the first time, you wouldn’t be complaining right now, would you?”
                No…but…what was wrong with it! I thought it was perfect!
                “Your concept of perfect and my concept of perfect are two different things, kid. And unfortunately for you, what I say goes.”
                I’m the writer…I should be writing what I believe is right.
                “It’s my story.”
                The blue blazing light from my laptop shone brightly into my eyes. I glanced down at the keys. My gateway to the world in my mind. With these twenty six letters I could create a bridge for the world to see what went on in my head. Worlds were created, destroyed, dreamed about and brought to life with twenty six letters. I thought I made something, but apparently it was another cooked-up failure ready to be thrown in the recycling bin on my desktop.
                “You don’t have to be hard on yourself you know. You were close this time. Just you know how it is.”
                I sighed, biting my lip angrily. No matter how great a piece was, one tiny detail done wrong made it worth the price of the crust in-between people’s toes. I felt my face tighten as I hastily grabbed my Microsoft portable mouse. Fingers shaking, my heart was pounding in my chest going along with that stupid clock. I wanted to rip it off the wall, chew on it, and the spit on it before I did a Irish jig to finish it off. It just wasn’t fair.
                What did I get wrong this time?
                “I wouldn’t have talked to him yet.”
                Why wouldn’t you talk to him? I need to get this conversation in to move on with the plot.
                “There’s no reason why I’m talking to this guy yet there’s shitload of reasons why I should deck him in the face.”
                My frown went down further. I highlighted my work, words in white while the page was black. The conversation was important and it needed to be there. How was I going to get that scene to work.
                “I’ll talk to the guy later. Don’t jump the gun. Just because you know the story doesn’t mean no one else does. And if you can’t get it right that means no one will. Right now, I wouldn’t talk to him, but I will in the future. Time’s moving fast, you better get going.
                Right click…scroll…my hand paused.
                “You want this done or not?”
                ….Yes….
                “Then just delete it and start over. It’s only today’s work anyways, not the whole story.”
                A blank page right in front of me. I had an open canvas ready to do whatever the hell I wanted to do with it.
                It didn’t make me feel any better…

© 2008 Flame DM


Author's Note

Flame DM
Ignore grammar...i did this in ten minutes. Snaps and Craps

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

10 mins and a very good job.
Normally I dont have time to read stories (busy life i got like 8 windows up at all times)
But this kinda captured me.
I never feel like my writing's perfect either Im always correcting rereading, ressurecting old lines that I had before thinking 'but rnt these good enough?'
It's like a voice in my head tells me even better lines each time i write one!
Good job!

MMFCL,
Malizzious

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Funny story but the point is well made, when you are writing for pleasure it is fun but when it is a job then it can be daunting and kill your creative spirit... I could never do it for a living fearing I would stop writing for pleasure.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"A blank page right in front of me. I had an open canvas ready to do whatever the hell I wanted to do with it."

"It didn't make me feel any better?"

I have felt this many times, but find after this bout of writers block I come up with some thing very creative...bet you will to. P.W.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

10 mins and a very good job.
Normally I dont have time to read stories (busy life i got like 8 windows up at all times)
But this kinda captured me.
I never feel like my writing's perfect either Im always correcting rereading, ressurecting old lines that I had before thinking 'but rnt these good enough?'
It's like a voice in my head tells me even better lines each time i write one!
Good job!

MMFCL,
Malizzious

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"A blank page right in front of me. I had an open canvas ready to do whatever the hell I wanted to do with it."

"It didn't make me feel any better�"

Those two lines were awesome. I'm somewhat new to this whole writing thing and had never had any formal training but I keep pushing. I've sent eleven stories to magazines, all of which have been rejected but I keep pushing because I simply just like doing it. You seem to have a passion for it. Keep pushing. And keep doing it for you, don't let the passion slip away.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this story, and the nice thing about writing is it gives you a place to express yourself and also a place to vent. Nice write my freind.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good job! A good way to vent your frustration and feelings.
Liked it a lot.
The way you conversed with your character was great, and I can totally relate. Sometimes I feel like the story has a mind of it's own, and I'm just typing down what it tells me to. Which is why the name of the piece drew me in.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sweetness you rock at this

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

grammar was hardly an issue your stuff is great

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its great well done

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wells this is really good if you did it in ten minutes

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2008
Last Updated on November 26, 2008

Author

Flame DM
Flame DM

Hull



About
Hey! Not sure what to really put in my about me, but I'm just gonna wing it, so everyone just bare with me. I don't really give out my real name, sorry, buuut that's just the way it is. You can know m.. more..

Writing
Day One 12/15/09 Day One 12/15/09

A Chapter by Flame DM



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..