How to start a Zombie Invasion

How to start a Zombie Invasion

A Story by fiery-san
"

*essay* In the world of monotony one questions if the zombie invasion has truly began.

"

What defines a person?


Is it the way he dresses? The way he speaks? Or the way he acts? Every day, we come across the process of judging. We judge not only the things we see and have but the people around us as well.


Like every generation, we are ruled by the passing trends. Every era claims to be different, every era claims to be better. But who are we to judge such things? Opinions vary. Each person is unique and has his or her own thoughts on the concept on what things should be.


So why can’t we accept that?


For those who think differently, act differently or even dress differently, we categorize them into stereotypical roles " shallow, superficial and mostly biased. Just because they don’t go with the trends means they are weird, outcasts and even confined to their own little world.

I just wonder if whose world is truly that minute.


Those who speak up are called activists, crazy people, and deviants. And almost always, their words are not heard and their actions " no matter how innovated and original " are labeled as taboo. For those who refuse or grew tired of speaking up, finally deeming society’s filtered ears unreachable are labeled as weirdos, kill joys, recluses just because they would rather speak among a small circle of people that actually take the effort to listen " actually listen and not go through one ear and out the next like many genius ideas in our twisted majority. 


While we look into the case of those established trend setters in society, their ideas no matter how unoriginal and redundant become the latest thing to do. Their voices are amplified, mimicking the actions of a broken record while their actions no matter how vulgar or unappealing are merely brushed off and assumed the form of mere personality quirks.


We advocate uniqueness yet we ridicule and destroy the very mere sight of it.


Make up your minds people, what is that you truly want because such an irony is nothing but a painful fact we refuse to acknowledge.


Do we want everybody to conform and blend in?


If so, where is this generation going?


We voice and predict the event of a zombie invasion but in fact, if we force people who are different to be just like everybody else it would actually be the start of the real zombie invasion. Nothing but herd culture, everyone follows and monotony rules over the land. No more color, no more spices in life because there is nothing left but trends and people who think everybody should conform to their ways. Inflated egos and conceited beings ruling over and crushing the eccentric trait that makes us human.


We are merely nothing but machines forced to operate in this black and white system.  

A form of false peace shrouds us, for under the guise of unity is in fact a cruel prison where one’s own will and thoughts are constrained to the point of silent despair.  


So who are we dictate on how a person should be?


Who are we to condemn and judge one’s own uniqueness?


Are we that perfect?


Are we that flawless that we assume the role of the Almighty Lord?


If yes, then this world needs to see a shrink for that God complex because news flash, nobody’s perfect and the mere thought of claiming to be, is in itself already an imperfection. 

© 2012 fiery-san


Author's Note

fiery-san
What do you think? Comments and personal views are very much appreciated. ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
oh for a second before i read the whole thing i thought it was about a zombie story then as i read on it became evident that its about our nature... you talk about difference in each of us human, different trait, personality, the way we dress and etc ... and i say you have written it really... Galing at astig mo kabayan... your topic is very realistic... no one is perfect in this world.. and i say to my quote that every one is unique in their own creative way of thinking....that makes each human distinct to each and everyone... There is a lot of judgement and blending in... a part of human nature that are unavoidable.... often time we are too vulnerable to it...that we just goon with the flow or just remain silent...
I applaud your voice dear friend...
kabayan well done..
this is really well written...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fiery-san

11 Years Ago

Yes, it's quite leading... when we speak of zombie invasion it would immediately feature a bunch of .. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

I say you have vent your anger very smartly in a well written essay... mas magaling ka pa nga sa aki.. read more



Reviews

It's an interesting essay. I used to think like this, I thought the people of the world were bland and colourless and there was a cultural revolution just on the horizon. A new sixties. It's funny now I just think of people as people, one person at a time. I mean, it's easy to group everyone into one big bubble and say 'we're failing as a generation!' but I noticed nobody ever seems to listen to that kind of apocalypse talk. But if you get a few like minded people together and try and make a small difference in the world you're a lot more likely to find the good in people and make some real progress making this ol' spinning globe a better place to live.

Posted 11 Years Ago


fiery-san

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your thoughts... and I know, I was referring to a certain group of people here and I f.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
oh for a second before i read the whole thing i thought it was about a zombie story then as i read on it became evident that its about our nature... you talk about difference in each of us human, different trait, personality, the way we dress and etc ... and i say you have written it really... Galing at astig mo kabayan... your topic is very realistic... no one is perfect in this world.. and i say to my quote that every one is unique in their own creative way of thinking....that makes each human distinct to each and everyone... There is a lot of judgement and blending in... a part of human nature that are unavoidable.... often time we are too vulnerable to it...that we just goon with the flow or just remain silent...
I applaud your voice dear friend...
kabayan well done..
this is really well written...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fiery-san

11 Years Ago

Yes, it's quite leading... when we speak of zombie invasion it would immediately feature a bunch of .. read more
Pax

11 Years Ago

I say you have vent your anger very smartly in a well written essay... mas magaling ka pa nga sa aki.. read more
This was a very interesting read. Gets your mind thinking. Everything that i read just now seems to be completely true. They want you to be yourself and to be unique but scold you as soon as you show any signs of difference. Ever seen the movie Equilibrium? The title speaks for itself. If anything, whether it be a zombie apocalypse or complete conformity, either one wouldn't be better than the other. I feel like because of this sense of having to conform, our ideas and innovations that we deem to be original aren't because we were trained to think the same. Movies are remakes or follow the same story-line, music sounds the same, and everything has already been done it seems. In other words, it seems as if we are definitely lacking difference.

Thank you for this write. It has really got me thinking. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

fiery-san

11 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad to be of interest and see a fellow soul who share the same opinions on the topic... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012
Tags: essay, opinion, zombies, society, perspective, god-complex, defnitions

Author

fiery-san
fiery-san

The City of love, Within Panay, Philippines



About
Okay... first off, I'm currently into fanfiction writing... specifically I've written for Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Code Geass, and Vampire Knight to name a few... So obviously from the line-up I'm mo.. more..

Writing
Surrender Surrender

A Poem by fiery-san