All Dark Inside

All Dark Inside

A Poem by Dark Heart of Winter

All of us are dark inside. It takes many different forms in many situations in many people; but at our core we are all selfish and evil.  Love that person more than anything? You will hurt and betray her and have her betray you in turn. Bring a child into the world? That child will grow to hate you. We replace people in our life on stupid whims; we stab each other in the back for a moments attractive opportunity; we beat on our freinds to make ourselves feel better.  There is no such thing as unconditional love or eternal love; these are foolish cotton-candy beleifs made up by teenage girls and idealistic brainwashed men. We are motivated simply by lust, anger, and fear; love and loyalty are nice ideals but will turn pale and crack if held under the harsh sunlight of reality. We're too blind to see that we are all lost in the shadows. Our realities are fabricated of attractive ideals that we are brainwashed with as children; patriosm, democracy or royalty, loyalty to family, monogomy, happiness as a life goal, the greater good... all fabrications of our culture. We live by the rules and expectations society has set us because its easy; too foolish and self-blind and in denial to recognize that we are all, ultimately, dark inside. Whether our darkness turns inwards; hurting ourselves, or outwards, hurting everyone else, none of us are free. We are all dark inside; but most of us are too blind to recognize that. Open your eyes. Recognize the world for what it is...and then choose how to live. Don't just live your life blindly; mindlessly trusting and beleiving in the morals and rules and standards of your culture. Acknowledge the darkness and then do what you will with that knowledge; go forth and live your life choosing to fight or embrace that darkness as you will.

© 2014 Dark Heart of Winter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your world of creative writing takes your readers to different part of the world, that is form of magic and your spell:) simply amazing. I enjoy honesty in everyword you wrote and world need more writers like you...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dark Heart of Winter

10 Years Ago

Thank you!!! that means so much to me n encourages me to keep publishing :)
Dark Heart of Winter

10 Years Ago

Though personally i thought the dark world of my tormented mind was more of a curse than a spell xD<.. read more
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

Well sometimes curses do have cures and I feel this one will work for world to understand the realit.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2014
Last Updated on April 1, 2014
Tags: darkness, inside, dark inside, cynical, delusions, beleifs, false, truth, lies, animal instincts, primal, core, psyche