Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jane Doe
"

Read?(:

"
Prologue 

   I slipped on my green skinnies, purple bat man shirt, and crawled to my mirror to apply some eyeliner. Adding some blush and eye shadow as well considering the occasion, I glands  up meeting my reflection. Brown haired, blue eyed freak. That's me for you, oh well, slipping a hair tie around me curly mess. I gently put in my small green hoops in my second raring hole and purple studs in my first, then a blue snake bite on the left side of my lip. 
Grabbing my converse and jogging down the stairs remembering my birthday a few years back. 
   Alice, my mother, sat on my bed twisting her blonde curls around her index and middle finger. 
   "Oh hunny wear that one, you will look so gorgeous. " She gushed placing a hand on my cheek and smiling. 
   "But momma I will look soooo weird!!" I complained my blue eyes darkening with my mood. 
   She pulled me on to her lap and hugged me close whispering in my ear. 
"Baby I think you'll look beautiful your turning thirteen it's a reason to dress up and look prettier than usual, sugar." she cooed. 
   I nodded reluctantly, slipping off her lap and shooed her out so I could dress. But then I head a gunshot and hid for dear life. What seemed an eon later but actually only five hours I came out of hiding under my bed. I left to investigate, to my astonishment the gunman only took one thing. But it meant everything, more than anything to me. 
   My mother lie stiff on the bottom of the stairs blood seeping into the carpet. Her hair drenched in her own blood from the wound in her forehead. Her blue eyes stared straight forward, her jaw slightly open. Her brown curls now slightly red hung low lifeless and sorrowful. I ran to her crying holding her dead body in my arms till my father arrived, and then the ambulance. 


© 2012 Jane Doe


Author's Note

Jane Doe
Sorry it's short

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it so far. It's very descriptive, I can picture the scenes crystal clearly, I love the fact that you're wearing converse, that's a nice touch (I love my black chucks) and the shooting sneaks up on the reader so it works well grabbing the reader, which is probably your intent and if so, you definately hit the mark there. If there is anything I would write differently it would be that I would go a bit deeper into developing the relationship between the mother and daughter. Let the reader know the Mom a bit better so that the shooting has more impact. But that's not imperative....it works well as is. Keep going. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like it so far. It's very descriptive, I can picture the scenes crystal clearly, I love the fact that you're wearing converse, that's a nice touch (I love my black chucks) and the shooting sneaks up on the reader so it works well grabbing the reader, which is probably your intent and if so, you definately hit the mark there. If there is anything I would write differently it would be that I would go a bit deeper into developing the relationship between the mother and daughter. Let the reader know the Mom a bit better so that the shooting has more impact. But that's not imperative....it works well as is. Keep going. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 27, 2012
Last Updated on May 27, 2012


Author

Jane Doe
Jane Doe

FL



About
I miss the way words would flow out on to a page and express my deepest concerns so I have returned. more..

Writing