The Dark Karma Series: The Hit

The Dark Karma Series: The Hit

A Story by Richard McLin
"

The first in a hopefully successful horror series. Much like my very popular "Midnight" series. This one is a murder, and the shocking consequences.

"
Part One:
The lights on his wall made love to each other as their car counterparts passed by his window. The cigarette in his mouth signified another successful f**k, and her sweaty sex corpse lay next to him heavily breathing, but barely awake. He oozed out of bed and made his way to the bathroom, and shut the door behind him and turned on the light. Instead of bright yellow luminescent, he got dingy urine yellow light, and it would have made him physically ill if he hadn't built a tolerance to it. He lifted up the seat and began urinating in the toilet, all while still smoking, was one of his favorite forms of multitasking. He shook the last few drops, flushed, and then looked in the mirror. His face, which belonged to a man in his mid thirties, looked like a face of a man in his late forties. He put his smoke out on the porcelain, and splashed some water in his face.
The door opened behind him, and there was Nora, and she was aiming his gun at him.
"The f**k is this Hugo?"
He gave her a sly smile, and made one step towards her, it was such a minute step that she didn't register it.
"Protection baby, it's a dangerous world out there. Now why don't you hand me the gun before something happens that you can't just wash off."
Her hand was shaking, her breasts were shaking in rhythm, and this for a split second distracted him, but not enough to take him out of the moment. Something about this whole situation was exciting him, and he could feel himself getting hard all over again.
"You said you didn't know my hus-hus-husband."
"No my dear, I said I didn't work for your husband, there is quite a difference." He replied with another quick step.
He could feel water under his feet, now if it was regular water, or urine that missed it's target he couldn't be certain, but that really wasn't the point at the moment. He decided to use it to his advantage. He slid down to the ground, and the fall was very unpleasant, but he would deal with that later. He kicked her left knee, and the sound was horrific. A tearing sound came after as a jagged broken chunk of bone tore it's way from it's home to finally see the urine yellow light of the outside world.  
She cried out as she hit the ground and fired a bullet destroying the mirror that had just previously shown him his real age.
He spun around, again using the wet floor and his naked body as an advantage. He was able to grab the gun, in mid spin, and some how get to his feet in a ballet like move the impressed him quite a bit. He removed the towel from it's hanger, placed it in her face, and then put the gun up against that.
"Sorry honey, but it was always going to end like this."
He pulled the trigger three consecutive times. The towel smoked and hand black char marks, but it had silenced the job he was meant to perform hours ago. Blood began to stream from her wound and mixed with he water he used to save his life, and take hers.
Limping to the bed he picked up his clothes, and quickly got dressed. He got his coat, removed the silencer from his pocket, and put it in his coats inside pocket, and tucked his pistol in the waist band of pants. He moved back over to her body and picked her up, and placed her body in the tub, and then left the room. His prints didn't exist, and there would be no way to trace him back to any of this, it was a clean kill. He called a friend of his that would be there with some lye and shovels, he was a pro at getting rid of bodies, things were going to be tidied up very very soon.

Part Two:


It took him two hours to drive back to Manhattan, and all that time there was something bothering him, something about the job he had just done, but he couldn't quite place it. It was as if he had forgotten to do something specific, but he just couldn't think of it. Clark had arrived right when he left, and he had all the necessary ingredients to make that b***h into soup, and as he pulled into the parking structure he decided he wasn't going to let this bother him.
He left his car, and a chill in the parking garage unnerved him. He found it funny that he just violently killed a woman a few hours ago and it didn't bother him at all, but this parking structure was giving him a good fright, and it was around this time he first heard it.
"You had to know." came a whispered voice traveling with air.
He looked around quickly, gather intel on his surroundings, and had his hand ready to place a gun in it. Alas, there appeared to be no one, or nothing around. He took some deep breaths, laughed at himself, and moved towards the elevator. Once inside he pressed the button marked "PH". The elevator shifted, and began moving up, with a 80's hit turned into elevator muzak, but he couldn't place the song. He couldn't get the voice completely out of his head, "You Had To Know."
What did I have to know?
Before he could contemplate the question to much longer, the elevators ding woke him from his thoughts.


Part Three:


The doors opened to the Penthouse of Mr. Douglas Vrank. Vrank was a stock broker, but he was also a serial cheater, criminal, and killer. He had his fingers in a lot of little pies, but the pies were growing into something quite massive. Hugo was interested in getting into some of these pies himself, and killing Vrank's wife was a good place to start. The court could not make her testify against him, but it would appear she was going to do so voluntarily.
"Glad to see you again Mr. Pooley, please come in." Greeted Vrank.
The room was massive, the Penthouse consumed the entire floor of the building, and it had several bedrooms, offices, and bathrooms. It was the most impressive home he had ever seen. He found Vrank in one of his offices with a Scotch in his hand, and a cigar in his mouth. In a garbage can near the desk was a small fire, and in it were shreds of his newly deceased wife's picture.
"Done and done."
"I'm glad to have received your call telling me that it was over. That b***h was going to kill me."
Hugo had noticed Vrank was one who loved to be over dramatic.
"I have your Fifty Thousand, but before I give it to you, I have a question that I really need to know the answer to."
Hugo shifted in his chair a bit, the nagging question was haunting him again.
YOU HAD TO KNOW!!!!!

Hugo looked around and almost jumped straight out of the chair he was now sitting in.
"What's that?" he asked nervously
"When you set the c**t on fire, did she scream, or was she already dead?"
The fire, suddenly the nagging question filled in a bunch of blanks. One of the the things Vrank told him to do is that he HAD to set the body on fire. He figured the acid bath was better, but forgot how adamant Vrank was about the fire.
"She was already dead."
A look of disappointment came across the widowers face. He slid a thick envelope towards Hugo.
"I have a lot more work that needs to be done, and I think a dependable man like you can help get it done. Can I rely on you to help me out?"
Hugo nodded in agreement, and took the envelope placing it in his pocket. Vrank got up, as did Hugo soon after, and they both headed for the door.
"I have some files I need you to look at, have you heard of a man named Thomas Lincoln?"
"No." Hugo answered.
"I think you will be getting to know him very soon." Vrank said as he opened the door, but as he did all the heat left the room.
A look of sheer and unbridled terror came across the two mens face as they looked upon the face of a woman who was killed a few hours ago. Her body, still very nude, but no longer attractive, it was now colorless, pretty much translucent, and covered in scars. Her leg, still with the bone protruding out, she took a step towards them, and it sounded like a bag of vasoline getting slammed on the ground.
"You had to know."
"You stupid f**k, you didn't set the body on..."
He never got to finish as she took her hand, grabbed him by his hair, and and tore the flesh from his face and most of his scalp. He let out a blood curdling scream, and just collapsed. Hugo backed up, pulled out his gun and unloaded it into the walking corpse, it of course had no effect.
"YOU HAD TO KNOW!"

Hugo crumpled to the floor crying. He looked up at the creature, her eyes glowing like liquid hell as she was about to kill him.
"What was I supposed to know???" He weeped.
She bent down looked him in the eyes, put her chilled hand on his throat. He could feel heat emitting from her hand, and he knew he wasn't long for this world.
"You had to know Hugo, IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO END LIKE THIS."

The End.

Richard McLin @2018

© 2018 Richard McLin


Author's Note

Richard McLin
My first foray into horror in sometime, so I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you for the time you spent reading it, and I look forward to your reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed it. Read like a quick serial. I'm one for quick writings myself so I know how it is an can be. Mentally I pictured this like a short graphic novel. Id love to hear a lil more expansion on characters if you think about working on this further. Glad I read it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard McLin

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the review man. Glad you liked it. I plan to write more, make it like a dark twilight zon.. read more
Scott Troy

6 Years Ago

Roger that bro. I look forward to it.



Reviews

Hmmmm very intriguing- good suspense- loved the part when she reappeared and hadn’t died- creepy, well written🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The law of Karma, an eye for an eye, a life for a life, in the end its revenge. You surprise me there, I wasn't expceting that and which brings the following question, was she some sort of a demon or witch? Love it and kept me on edge.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard McLin

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, I'm planning on writing more, and maybe we'll revisit her and go in more d.. read more
Paulinette

6 Years Ago

That would be nice!!!!! She really is an interesting character and her relationship with the men, es.. read more
I enjoyed it. Read like a quick serial. I'm one for quick writings myself so I know how it is an can be. Mentally I pictured this like a short graphic novel. Id love to hear a lil more expansion on characters if you think about working on this further. Glad I read it.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard McLin

6 Years Ago

Thanks for the review man. Glad you liked it. I plan to write more, make it like a dark twilight zon.. read more
Scott Troy

6 Years Ago

Roger that bro. I look forward to it.
Wow very cool scary story. I like it it is a very creative horror story

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard McLin

6 Years Ago

Thank you.
pretty clever i have to say. payback sure is a b***h. i'm not really into horror but this is very good. it reads realistically. i could picture everything, even small details very well as if i was watching the scenes unfold in a movie in front of me. the flow and breaks are perfect as you relate this twisted, deadly tale. i like how you take mundane details and build them up to significance, which adds to the tension & suspense, while also introducing a sarcastic humor. very enjoyable and skillful writing. what's not to like?

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Richard McLin

6 Years Ago

Thanks. It's my first short story in years, and I was pretty happy with it. Thank you very much for .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 2, 2018
Tags: Karma, assassin, horror, dark, darkness, sex, violence, murder, guns, villains, men, women, supernatural, ghost, demon, undead, fiction, death, blood, twilight, zone, horror series

Author

Richard McLin
Richard McLin

Salem, OR



About
I have been writing ever since I can remember. I can't live and not write, it's as essential as breath. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


the seed the seed

A Poem by lightsong


petal petal

A Poem by lightsong