Questions

Questions

A Poem by Jason

 

A realm of realism

Left me in a state

Of existentialism

 

                Why are we here?

                Because we're here.

 

Is it my very purpose

To seek out my purpose?

Or sought from sanity

As my meager mind

Brings nothing to this race?

 

Then why all the dreams?

Of slow babbling streams

With nature and birds

And bees?

Smiling babies

Crying for reasons

That make me wonder?

 

So many fears

Of drowning

In unsure mediocrity

But must I

adhere to my

Own diplomacy?

 

(I ponder)

 

Then if there may

Or maybe

There may not

Be a reason why we walk

Why we talk

Explain to me

Why and how

We are meant to be

In each other’s arms

At this very moment

And why nothing else

Matters but your touch?

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Jason - You are a talented writer and I always enjoy reading your work. This is no exception. You and I seem to ponder many of the same things in life, but when it comes down to the heart of the matter, it's all about Love and being with the one you love.

One question: Did you mean - Or maybe
or did you mean - Or may be



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am reading your poem, you start that reality or realism letft you in existentialism and now I skip to the last 2 lines: that's exactly what we do, yes it is your free choice or will to love and wait for her touch....I see this poem from another perception, perhaps inverted. I agree, that mediocrity goes trough lands, we need much more eccentrics!
Great work !

thanks a lot for leaving me words, when reading my poem VARIATIONS ON NUDITY, much appreciated. regards from Germany, Gandr� (by the way this Pagan Poetry song by Bj�rk is one of my favorites, smile, this was a great choice to chose it for your profile)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was incredible. Nicely worded. Very emotional and it is as if you read my mind.

keep it up. The world needs your talent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very thought provoking write with all of the questions. I loved how you used questions as a lead in to what was really on your mind:

Explain to me

Why and how

We are meant to be

In each other's arms

At this very moment

And why nothing else

Matters but your touch?

Very well constructed Jason!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Jason, Thank you for your kind review. I'm sorry that anyone would have to relate to that. but it happens all the time. && this writing really touched me. It's great and very relating.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like this kind of insane and creative writing,,,lol. This is a lot like some of the things that i write and it takes certain and special people to be able to understand and relate to it. I thought it was brilliant!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was lovely! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Started really strong, and ended even stronger. Awesome work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This starts out in such a thoughtful, deep, yet seemingly unromantic way. The end gives a powerful twist that tells one why you're thinking all of the rest. Nicely done, there. I wouldn't change a thing about this poem. You've outdone yourself. Bravo! (Giving Jason a standing ovation that he can't hear through mere type).

Posted 15 Years Ago


Jason - You are a talented writer and I always enjoy reading your work. This is no exception. You and I seem to ponder many of the same things in life, but when it comes down to the heart of the matter, it's all about Love and being with the one you love.

One question: Did you mean - Or maybe
or did you mean - Or may be



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wooooooow!!

This is fantastic Jason!
Such questions... I ponder daily,
as do many I'm sure.
Personally, I think love is the big picture..
Our purpose as a whole...
and individually...

This is brilliant!
And the flow is flawless...

Beautiful.





Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh my Jason....this was.....beautiful. So touching, and so wonderfully emotionally. Why, indeed. I love how it followed the path of wondering about things larger than life and down to the smallest scale, then comparing that to why it is so important to feel loved in another's arms. To feel the tangible touch of another. That is beyond powerful. I think this is one of my favorites of yours. Nicely written. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 24, 2008
Last Updated on July 2, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason