A letter to her

A letter to her

A Story by Jason
"

Satisfy A Relishing Amongst Her

"

 

My Love,

 

Never has there been an image so perfect that has been stained in my mind. Your eyes, reaching into the depths within me and causing my soul to surrender as if I was a prisoner in your heart (but I am). If there was ever a dream in which man felt complete with the universe, with peace and serenity tied to a bounty of love stricken lives, it would be you.

 

Why do they ask if I love you when all that I can manage is to tremble when you touch me? Why do they ask me if it is fate when all I see is you in the faces of all the woman that have held my fancy?  This sullen ride along trampled soil and wretched skies (which is existence), goads me with an urgency to sustain a once forgotten love that I did not know survived. Through the turmoil of trials and trepidation that preceded me, beyond the insanity, the uncertain and the feigned, I have arrived - amiable to the reflection in the mirror a man of true distinction, honor and regard. And so the image that I hold in the palm of my hand as I trace the outline of your face and your eyes with my finger, means much more now than it ever has. You are very much the fuel that drives the vehicle that propels my Muse. Every song I sing I hold your face in my mind with my eyes closed- and even if you are not present, I still do sing to you.

 

                And she is waiting. To hold me. To be with me. Even if only in the laminated 3X5 glossy, she stands still, holding her breath, holding her smile.

 

And it was nice to see you last night…

I had a dream one summer night that I pressed my lips against yours. Even though I sleep alone, I was certain that there was someone else in my bed besides me! The sensation was much more then that of an uncontrolled, subconscious fluttering as many would have it to be. You were there, with me, while I slept…. And you know this, don’t you? I only hope that your eyes and your touch see and feel the same. Please, tell me they do.

 

This is my final plea. Love me like we have loved in our dreams.

 

Sincerely,

 

Your Love

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I get so many different thoughts and emotions when reading this. It sings like a song, reads like a poem and captivates like a story. Perhaps that is because it is a true portrayl of love that is yearned for but not able to be grasped. It is the existence of life knowing something greater exists. I loved the poetic lines and the way you portrayed the feeling of contentment but at the same time a lonesome emotions. Great story!


Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


I get short of breath when I read this partly because it makes me yearn. Partly because it makes me cry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


very sweet. i like how parts of it read like a poem - and a good poem, at that (quite rare)

for example:

"This sullen ride along trampled soil and wretched skies (which is existence)"

i liked that very much. your little aside notes weren't trite, as they can often be, but went well with the piece, and only added to it.

yay jason. :) love this



Posted 15 Years Ago


"Even though I sleep alone, I was certain that there was someone else in my bed besides me! "
Oh my word Jason, where on this fabulous green Earth did you come up with this lovely letter?
Yeah, I think I WAS there! LOL Ok, seriously, this was stunning in it's emotional intensity to desire a love that may or may not be there, but oh how it exists in our own heart and mind. I love this last line:
". Love me like we have loved in our dreams." How perfectly delightful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Quite lovely - this is truly a romantic undertaking. Quite exquisite. Any woman would swoon to hear or read such words. Thank you for sharing.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


I love reading love letters. Don't they awaken the sentiments of romance in us. Quite lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Jason, this is simply beautiful in every way. You sound head over heels in love and I pray it works out for you. This sounds like so much more than a run of the mill state of infatuation. You must keep us all posted. Is the picture you posted with the write, her? If it is, she is beautiful.

I love many of the expressions you used through out this piece: that has been stained in my mind, causing my soul to surrender as if I was a prisoner in your heart, with peace and serenity tied to a bounty of love stricken lives, and This sullen ride along trampled soil and wretched skies (which is existence), goads me with an urgency to sustain a once forgotten love that I did not know survived.

I had to stop here, but this whole piece is written with intense feeling and beauty that can only come from the depths of a soul that has found love in the deepest parts of the heart of a man...

Impeccable! A love story unto itself. Very nicely done. Carole

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow. This was deep, and it wasn't cliche or typical either, which was nice.

"a prisoner in your heart" - I loved this line, its so simple and clear, has so much meaning behind it.

I fell inlove with the last line. "Love me like we have loved in our dreams". Wow.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Breathtaking. This is the most romantic and sad things I have read in a very long time. It is one of my favorites...and all I can say is send this letter to that wonderful person, the one that you sing for...send it now, how could she not love you after such brilliant words? I do and I am not even her! :)

Thanks for sharing!
Janice Ann

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
9 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2008
Last Updated on July 28, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason