A, B, and C

A, B, and C

A Story by Cypher Sand
"

This is a story about three kids that were born without names, therefor calling themselves A, B, and C. This is a crazy little adventure they experience.

"

   A and B strolled along the sidewalk. C was behind them a bit, riding on his skateboard. Not very good, but he was still proud of his small improvment. The other two laughed at him. They new they were probably worse, but never wanted to try it out. Probably scared to be embarased. C thought it was stupid that they were too arogant to try it out. Occasionally B looked back to make sure he was still there. He didn't have a voice so if he needed help, it was unlikely that he would scream.

   "Yeah," A said, "I liked the surround sound on that sterio."

   "No, that's not what I'm saying." B declared. "Did you see the guy trying to sell it to us?"

   "Well . . . yeah. Why?"

   "Did you see his eyes?"

   A shrugged. "How could I? They were behind sunglasses the whole time."

   B nodded. "I got close enough to see just under his glasses. His eyes were completely white!"

   He playfully hit B atop the head. "He must have been looking up, then. It's no big deal."

   B looked out to the road. He watched a car pass by. Behind it was a field off weeds. Then he saw a white flash out there, like the sun was shining off of something metal. His steps froze. "He didn't have any veins in his eyes either. I tell you, they were completely white." The street seemed to glide accross his feet, like he weren't even moving them on his own.

   A followed. "Where are you going?"

   C skidded to a stop. He picked up is board and followed them in the weed field. All brown with the heat of summer. He dropped his skateboard near the edge, the skull design showed from the bottom. His curiosity caught him once he saw B walking like that.

   A gasped. "What happened?"

   B shook his head and heard C shuffle up next to him. "I don't know." He kicked it.

   C looked at the watch on the arm of the creature. Then he remembered where he saw it before, the guy who tried to sell them the sterio. He pointed to it, trying to get them to look.

   A turned it over. "I've never seen something like this before." It had a long snout, four paws, only two covered in dirt. It walked on it's hind legs, then. It was covered in brown fur with black stripes all along the back. Wings were unfolded, under the dead thing. In the center of it's powerful chest, there was a streak and a big splotch of crimson red. C identified this as blood then dug in till he found the wound and pulled out a bullet.

   B took the bullet. "A snipper hit it." C bent over, unnoticed, and took off the watch. He waved it at A.

   A shoved the hand away. "Yeah, yeah, nice watch." He examined the creature.

   B turned on his Vision. He watched as he, A and C walked backwords. C got on his skateboard and went in reverse while he and A walked backwords talking. Then the creature got up after awhile, took to the air. A bullet flew out of his chest and towards the top of a building, where B saw a man of the army waiting. The creature flew backwords towards town. B turned his Vision off and saw A and C standing there before him.

   "Well?" A said impatiently, tapping his foot.

   "All I know is the snipper was on that roof," he pointed, "and he was from the ASA."

   C sighed and bent over the creature, opening his eyes. They were pure white. He pointed roughly at them.

   A watched the familiar green flash as the sun set before turning back to the body. The white eyes struck him. B looked over C's shoulder and saw them. He snatched the watch from C's hand. "Where did you find this?"

   C pointed to the arm of the beast. A looked at the watch. "The sterio guy was wearing a watch like that."

   Sirins sounded behind them. They all turned to see an ASA van stopping at the curb. Men jumped out and one barked orders. "Put your hands where I can see, 'em! You three are under arrest for meddling in ASA business!"

   They looked to each other and slowly put their hands to the back of their heads. B protested, "But, sir, we only stumbled accross this body. We only stopped for a look."

   "You will be going back to camp for a memory drain." The officer faultered. "You three dim wits always cause trouble!"

   C smirked and lashed out his arm. All the men went flying back and they all hit the van. "After them! Hurry!" they heard Officer Fish scream as they booked it. A ran behind the two by half a step. He grabbed both of their shirts and jumped. Or shall I say flew into the open sky, far away from that field.

© 2009 Cypher Sand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 26, 2009

Author

Cypher Sand
Cypher Sand

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I'm a writer that is ready. Ready. Throw a Fictional (Fantasy or Science Fiction) plot at me and I'm ready to write. I write along with the story, so really, I never know what happens in advance. I lo.. more..

Writing
Bystander Bystander

A Story by Cypher Sand


Topic Topic

A Poem by Cypher Sand