Bargains

Bargains

A Story by Kadie Tee
"

Bargains with God in exchange for a loved one.

"

 

At a total loss. What can I say when I’m at a total loss? What words can possibly come from this mouth that could be pieced together as something recognizable at this moment? There are no words; blank stares and wandering thoughts are all I can offer you. Blank stares into a room that is now much too empty; blank stares blurred by waterlogged eyes. What can I give you to make you come back? What can I bargain, sell, trade for you to be near again?

 

Blank stares get me nowhere with you. Get me nowhere with Him.

 

You can’t even realize what’s happening; you aren’t here to see me work so desperately for you.

 

The room is silent; no deal has been cut. I wipe my face with the wrinkled bed sheets, waiting for your footsteps, maybe a turn of a doorknob, maybe a ring from the telephone. I wonder why you left. Did I do something wrong? Did I take you for granted?

 

I fear I did.

 

So I speak with Him in the room’s privacy and stillness; He’s stubborn to reply. I am asking please, if you’d be so kind, the generic politeness you taught me so long ago. I offer my belongings, the house, and everything else up for trade in the hopes of seeing you again.

 

A cold breeze tells me he has turned away. He lends me no helping hand, no kind words of support; only the dead silence and slow pulse of my heart beating on the edge of sanity for you. I’m starting to think I lost the deal.

 

Screaming and fussing on the messy bed, I pound my fists in a searing temper; it always worked on you. Hot water seeps from my eyes as I beg and plead for you, His decision seemingly set in stone. He wanted you; I need you. Why can’t he see I still need you? Why is he showing no remorse for his actions; no thoughtful kindness that was taught to us when we were children?

 

I was such a child; I still believed in the thing called kindness.

 

This day has changed me; you changed me, He changed me. Forced to change through pain and anguish, kindness is a word

 

That He has made myth in my eyes.

© 2008 Kadie Tee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Losing youre faith can really hurt. You can tell by your writing. I cannot even begin to know how you feel but I do feel some of the pain that emminates from the very essence of your writing. That is unique in my eyes

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This really makes me feel the emptiness of someone that is all alone without even faith to comfort them. There is great pathos in a person thinking they lost someone because of their own behavior in the eyes of God. I'd like to know what this person would be willing to offer in a bargain to get their lost loved one back.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 11, 2008

Author

Kadie Tee
Kadie Tee

The Slums of Monte Delentino, MI



About
Hey hey there... how are we today? Fantastic; me too. Now that we have that out of the way, let me tell you something about myself and my writing. I seem to have a sarcastic, pessimistic view of the w.. more..

Writing
C u t C u t

A Story by Kadie Tee