QUEEN OF MY DREAMS

QUEEN OF MY DREAMS

A Poem by FlawedByDesign
"

The girl across the rainbow of my dreams...

"

QUEEN OF MY DREAMS

I entertain the sun to greet the moon,
To slip into the world of reverie,
Let the whimsical carry me away.


Through the meadows of birds and butterflies,
Past the green forests splendid with beauty,
Towards the mountains eternally white.


Across frosted glaciers and lakes sublime,
Where the sun adorns heavenly droplets,
Painting a spectrum of light in the sky.


Stop - this is where she reigns atop her throne,
Colouring my nights with her love divine,
Embracing me in her arms so tender.


The girl across the rainbow of my dreams,
With eyes so beautiful they set me free,
Kissing her gorgeous face makes me complete.

© 2010 FlawedByDesign


Author's Note

FlawedByDesign
This poem refers to the same girl as RAY OF LIGHT.
Sadly things did not take off between us :(

Awarded on the the "Dreams Awards" in the following contest,
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Love-Dreams-%3A%29/11671/

Thank you for the feedback should you leave it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think this is very well written. It reads like two poems rolled in one.. one talking about the breathtaking hues and colors of nature, much like a rainbow, and the other talking about the girl across the rainbow herself. Imagery has always been your forte, and it shows in this write. I'm sorry to know that it didn't take off between you and her. Maybe you could have shown her this poem!
I don't think I can offer any points for criticism here, apart from the fact that this poem resembles many of your romantic writes, especially "Colour of love". While this isn't bad per se, I think there could have been more distinction between you poems.
Very well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nature and love go hand in hand... they both are Beautiful!
Wonderful poem, thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


... makes me complete... the essence of love. Well stated. I love the whole poem.
yes, i like it a lot...
~♥~

Posted 13 Years Ago


love and nature , and within that thought , nature is to behold not to be held, enjoy the beauty .

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is builds upon rolling landscapes and snow peaked mountains, it sends you flying out in all directions, shouting your love into the night. Beautiful. Sorry that things did not work out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love and nature intertwined in your poem, I feel as if I have travelled to many places of beauty. Beautiful!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful poem. It was sweet and beautiful. Loved the imagery :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


that's the worst...not the poem, the situation...writing something you poured your heart into and BAM she's gone...sigh

Posted 13 Years Ago


Stunning lines, I think I would have stuck around if this was being written about me. The last stanza is particularly good with the last line making me smile cuz I can so picture that. The first stanza also really good. Hell...all of them are great, description is top notch. I loved this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a lovely piece of writing, I felt as if I was flying across all of these sights.........and to come to rest upon a beautiful face.......stunning, although it didn't work out she was a wonderful muse and bought you some joy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is very well written. It reads like two poems rolled in one.. one talking about the breathtaking hues and colors of nature, much like a rainbow, and the other talking about the girl across the rainbow herself. Imagery has always been your forte, and it shows in this write. I'm sorry to know that it didn't take off between you and her. Maybe you could have shown her this poem!
I don't think I can offer any points for criticism here, apart from the fact that this poem resembles many of your romantic writes, especially "Colour of love". While this isn't bad per se, I think there could have been more distinction between you poems.
Very well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

893 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010
Tags: poem, poetry, love, romance, girl, queen, dreams, rainbow

Author

FlawedByDesign
FlawedByDesign

Stratford, Ontario, Canada



About
The name is Ivan - I'm 31. I am originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I left my country in 94 because of the civil war. After emigrating, my family lived in France for 2 years before coming to Canad.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..