bunny

bunny

A Poem by flickering candle
"

a tiny little tribute to my first thoughts about nihilism. i have been playing with nihilistic expression for a bit, and the first time i had ever heard of nihilism was a picture of a bunny.

"
little bunny foo foo 
hiding in your bedroom
whispering frightening truths
and keeping you up at night


-c.s.

© 2015 flickering candle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

haha. The irony. Bunnies are supposed to be symbols of cuteness or the undertones of Christian Easter - hope, spring - rebirth.

But instead - Nihilism! Quite perfect.

I'm a recovering Nihilist, so of course I chuckled.

Also kinda reminds me of the Darko Bunny

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

haha. The irony. Bunnies are supposed to be symbols of cuteness or the undertones of Christian Easter - hope, spring - rebirth.

But instead - Nihilism! Quite perfect.

I'm a recovering Nihilist, so of course I chuckled.

Also kinda reminds me of the Darko Bunny

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this "bunny" is a representation of the thoughts, images, and contemplations that only reach us when we are weakest, most tired, and at our least. the scary thoughts that reign the nights. the things that whisper in our ears in the still emptiness of a late shower. is it only me? i wrote this assuming that it is not. for me, the bunny represents nihilistic thoughts and ideas, that everyone and everything means nothing. worth nothing, for nothing, and i am but wasting my time, achieving "goals" that eventually will die with me, and mean nothing. its quite a short poem, but i think it accurately represents what I'm trying to portray. i hope so.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very nice poem. Little bunny foo foo, sound like a good room-mate. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


flickering candle

8 Years Ago

thank you very much :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Nothing scares me more than rabbits, so personally the metaphor works.

Posted 8 Years Ago


flickering candle

8 Years Ago

quite interesting, thank you :]
i wrote one like this before
i think bunnies can prove an innocent catalyst to a deeper concept

Posted 8 Years Ago


flickering candle

8 Years Ago

i think so too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2015
Last Updated on August 15, 2015


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..