When The Streets Peeled Back Into Ash

When The Streets Peeled Back Into Ash

A Poem by Floornine
"

And then the soles of sovereignty were here.

"

Once, I was a pioneer. I was a tidal wave in a woman's womb.
Once, I was burning and belligerant, trapped and convinced that I was dangerous.
Once, I was a longing between seems, between sheets, between teeth marks and tall tale.
Once, I was screaming, dripping with lust and passion on a paint brush.
Once, I was more than myself could bare.
 

And then the streets peeled back into ash.
And then the shins of soldiers appeared.
And then the soles of sovereignty were here.
And the beat of breathlessness went tripping through my ears.
 

Once, I was a nameless figure, holding baby's breath in the shadows of lost lineage.
Once, I was a pigeon among patrons, lost and concieted.
Once, I was a  dreamer on an olive branch of best wishes.
Once, I was bilking the bones of long britches.


And then the roads caved to the lakes.
And then the march christened my name.
And then the boots borrowed my shame.
And I was drowned in their diaphernous claims.

© 2009 Floornine


Author's Note

Floornine
This is rough. Maybe even unfinished. But tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You conveyed the intensity of the piece very well. I felt it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is the best piece I have read in a long time, I really enjoyed the intensity of the structure here. Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Some really great lines here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a stunner. I was hoping to find a gorgeous poem to ease my mind today...i found it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I dig the fluidity in this piece, burning with keen observations of a womans turmoil.

Bravo for this one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Intense. I love that opening line best of all. Your pen burns those thoughts deep into the page. Keep it up. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh so good. nice to read you again. a tidal wave in a womans womb. and the next lines grow from that line, each is convincing. when writing is in appearence arbitrary, and then at the same time is dead nuts now, that i like. (one of my house mates is wandering around in his underware white legs, talking endlessly, i have to put some beethoven ninth symphhony in my machine) but anyway, yes, repetitive doesnt always work but it does seem okay here. it is some genius stuff, but the last stanza is the least strong and you might want to take a look at this and the makeup of the total poem after some time has gone by.

I hope i didnt sound pompous or any of that, i just see it as if it were something i had written. very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2009

Author

Floornine
Floornine

About
I like awkward things and people, lomography, and tea. If I like you, I'll tell you. People think it's cute. I'm just clumbsy with all that lingual foreplay. If you ask me to be your friend, I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..