My Ultimate Mother

My Ultimate Mother

A Story by Fauna

Dear ________,
 Day after day I make my way to you. Rain or shine, sitting side by side calms any and every sorrow inhabiting my body. You are more of a friend than any friend I’ve had before. You’ve given me your wisdom and patience, and up close I’ve seen how time has worn you. I’ve seen how wind cuts scars into your earthly body. I’ve seen how passionately you dance in when it storms. Most fondly, I’ve watched how still you are in the heat of a summer day. Season by season you stretch into a new appearance, and it fascinates me each time. I admire your every movement. You are poetry in the sky. You are this planet’s call to Heaven. You are the closest to divinity that I have come. My love, you don’t grow even. You don’t grow straight. You grow in a way that suits you. Humankind has made its’ attempt at molding you into something logical and marketable in our society, and still you sustain. Your waves to the clouds only confirm your dedication to all things around you. We have hurt and mistreated you, and still you give to us. Unconditional natural occurrence and Mother Earth’s love resonates from your entire being. I believe if I sit by you long enough, maybe I will become a little more like you. I can deepen my roots and grow strong. I can move with the guiding wind and give like you do. In all the time I’ve known you, I’ve been sad at how you change. As the end of each year approaches, my heart longs for your peak of beauty that will come months later. Afterwards, you mature into something even greater, a full and astonishing work of life. With each of these transformations I began to love you more. And annually, I have grown to learn that fault and rebirth and necessary to love and life. Change gives us hope, and the ability to try, and experience again. I could go on and on. You are aware that I could, you’ve heard me before. You’ve heard my deepest secrets and my most shallow worries. I thank you endlessly. For throughout all of your evolving stages, you stay exactly the same. You have not moved from the time of your birth. You do not speak differently or question yourself or treat me differently. Somehow it is that you can be such a constantly moving product of life, and simultaneously stay still. Even as you grow, you are so recognizable. My dear, I would know you anywhere.

© 2013 Fauna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 21, 2013
Last Updated on February 21, 2013
Tags: tree, dear, letter, love, earth, my, ultimate, mother, nature

Author

Fauna
Fauna

Writing
Eulogy Eulogy

A Story by Fauna