Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jessele Ann Echavez
"

Meet Jonathan Andrews!

"

Jonathan Andrews

Sweets and Creams Café and Restaurant

New York City

February 14, 2015

 

I need to know her name.

I’ve been running from these mysterious men in black who’s been following me at work since last month. I am a finance manager in the biggest company here in New York for a year now and I haven’t recalled hurting someone or ruining their business during my work. I was surprised to see them outside the building and even in my apartment. And just today, while finding a place to fill my stomach, I saw two of them sitting on the other table next to mine. I hurriedly find the fire exit when I saw another one guarding my last resort. That’s when I saw the ladies’ room.

At first, I was very nervous thinking that this might be my last day on earth. Those men are just too big compared to my size. But when I saw this lady crying in front of me, I was suddenly filled with pity for her. She was sobbing like she just broke up with her boyfriend. Even if she’s turning her back on me, I know generally how she would look like and I got this desire to see her face when she suddenly yet slowly turned her head to face me. I was right �" she is beautiful. Her brown curly hair was fixed at her side but strands of it are on the side of her eyes and her porcelain complexion makes her look like human doll. A gorgeous brunette in front of me! Who’d expect I’d come across with a lady like her amidst the terror I’m currently in?

When we got out of the ladies’ room, she suddenly said something that lighted a bulb inside my head. She was right - I’ve got to face whoever was sending these men for me. If I won’t, then I’d be living a horrified and mysterious life. Whatever wrongs I possibly made, I’ve got to make it right.

I owe this courage to her. But first, I’ve got to find out her name.

The men weren’t inside the restaurant when I went out. I saw the brunette lady wearing the restaurant’s uniform busily accommodating orders from the customers. It was already five in the afternoon and couples are filling the room in an instant. S&C is a renowned romantic restaurant in the city and now that it’s Valentine’s Day, it’s no wonder why I can’t find any table to sit in.

“Good evening, sir,” a smiling lady approached me. “Any reservations?”

“None.” I answered with a flat tone.

The lady made a concluding greeting and was about to go but I had to stop her.

“Wait,” I grabbed her by the arm and she was surprise by my suddenness. “Do you mind telling me that girl’s name?” 

I was pointing my finger at the lady I met a while ago. The girl faced me with an apologizing look.

“What?” I asked her.

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you,” she said flatly.

“Why not? It’s just a name.”

“I know but you see, I’m newly hired and I’m still not familiar with their names,” she said while bowing her head.

A breath of disappointment went out of me and she was suddenly alarmed. Maybe she was thinking I’m about to call her manager for not serving me well.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll just come back next time,” I said and was about to leave.

“Do you have anything to say to her?” This time, she was the one, stopping me.

My face lightened up. “Yeah, sure. Can you tell her that I appreciated her company a while ago?” I said without taking a breath.

The lady blushed and smiled at me. “Of course.”

“And the name’s Nathan. That’s it, kindly tell her that,” I was smiling. I winked at her and she blushed a darker shade of pink. At least that would give her a lot of reason to obey me.

When I stepped outside, four big men was standing in my way. A black van was parked at their back.

“Mr. Andrews, you need to come with us,” one of them demanded.

I didn’t resist to the invitation. I climbed up and during the whole ride, I was thinking of that girl’s advice. Well, so much for a Valentine’s Day.



© 2015 Jessele Ann Echavez


Author's Note

Jessele Ann Echavez
Comments pleeaaase! Help meeee.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 19, 2015
Last Updated on November 19, 2015
Tags: male, leading, hot, handsome, model, first sight


Author

Jessele Ann Echavez
Jessele Ann Echavez

7, Philippines



About
I'm too busy forming fictional characters in my head that I forgot how to describe myself. more..

Writing