Peso Love

Peso Love

A Poem by S.T. Gulik

We dance through roman showers and swallow our delusions and beg forgiveness as spite consumes us. Who has not awoken to find their sandbox full of s**t and their shovel stolen? Peso love dissolves our passion as memory fades and hours tick by and find ourselves hugging a tree, alone and naked in the wilderness. The newness of a shiny toy dissolves our hope and we are taken in again and again forever. Seven years or fifty mean nothing in the twinkling of an eye. Reckless abandon is a phrase we should all take to heart. Parting brings such sweet sorrow and tomorrow brings another disappointment. Bless me father for I have sinned, I need that old time attrition. Everything dies. Love is four letters posted from hell, denied and marked return to sender. We die a little each time they arrive, and more each time they depart. We wrong ourselves and sing.

© 2008 S.T. Gulik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on July 11, 2008

Author

S.T. Gulik
S.T. Gulik

birmingham, AL



About
I was born within the walls of an Irish castle on October 21, 1681. The master of the house was a mister Edmond DeSwitch who had a keen interest in the art of alchemy. Though a complete failure i.. more..

Writing