Love Poem

Love Poem

A Poem by S.T. Gulik
"

This is the only love poem that i have ever written.

"

The sky is black as trees twist softly over candy sprinkle stars luminating the tender heat of your flesh. We sit on furniture old as time and wish for time to stop and start at once with wishful showers of wet longing. Nothing holding us back but restraint. We plunge boldly into unknown waters warmed with hope yet slightly overcooled by pensive rational. Longing for the sinful caress of the sweet flowers of your face I am content to simply bask in your loving glow. I’m like a woeful child awaiting the circus in your arms tonight. And when that circus comes, the cotton candy of your breath melts in my mouth like fresh angel juice and frees me from the dark uncertainty of my past. Your flesh, white and pure as God’s love washes over me like milk and honey cleansing me, refreshing me with smoothie-like efficiency, leaving me sticky and warm in your shadowy embrace. You know I love you, right? The moth of ecstasy dares not approach the seven suns of your attention. But in those suns I burn eternally and am reborn in infinite forms made shaky by your wistful beauty. And in those suns beneath those stars I sit on furniture old as time and wish for time to stop again, that perfect moments will not die and peace shall live forever.

© 2008 S.T. Gulik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


"The moth of ecstasy dares not approach the seven suns of your attention. But in those suns I burn eternally and am reborn in infinite forms made shaky by your wistful beauty. And in those suns beneath those stars I sit on furniture old as time and wish for time to stop again, that perfect moments will not die and peace shall live forever."
A very nice prose style poem...:)



© 2008 S.T. Gulik



Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice... but hardly a poem. Not even with a stretch of the imagination into free form! But certainly credible prose with interesting imagery.
David

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is lovely. I ;like how you use the child like description of her breath as sweet as cotton candy and fresh angel juice..and her body fresh as God's love covering you like milk and honey..It lends an innocent quality to their love which is as it should be..

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 11, 2008

Author

S.T. Gulik
S.T. Gulik

birmingham, AL



About
I was born within the walls of an Irish castle on October 21, 1681. The master of the house was a mister Edmond DeSwitch who had a keen interest in the art of alchemy. Though a complete failure i.. more..

Writing