I only get so far.

I only get so far.

A Poem by Aliice In Wonderland

I only get so far. I only get so far. I'm tired of life. I'm tired of sinking deep into the earth when I stand. I hate you. And you. And you. I just want this to be over with and I want to take everyone down with me. I want to scream and shout without being silenced by every possible being on this planet. I am not you, and you are not me. So don't even try. The bugs are crawling on my shoulder, that's their favorite place to munch. When I look they won't be there, just scars from old self-inflicted burns. I peel away the dead skin and run my fingers over the keloids. I want to run forever. Away from here. Away from me. I want to take hold of my thoughts and be off. Off with her head. Off with her head! I said! Be gone for I will never love you. I will just keep using you and dragging you deeper into my ever flowing downward spiral. All knowing, you are. Yet you know nothing about me. Can't seem to figure out what exactly I'm talking about. What's up and what's down when your sickness persists. I reside in my mind, where voices tell me what I should do even if it's not what I want to. Where I see into other dimensions and my vision fills with static. Where the bugs crawl and burrow. You cannot touch me. You cannot look into my eyes for I will not look into yours. Do not try to connect with me because you will faint and fail. Stay away, for she is a danger to herself and you. Keep me away from her. Me. I am her and she is me, we are one in our insanity. Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the brain-bugs bite. I'll tell you when I come up from my low. My lull. My endless drop. I dislike you very much but I will live on despite all you have done to me. I will not forgive, and I will not forget. I only have so much more to gain.

© 2012 Aliice In Wonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on March 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 23, 2012
Tags: schizophrenia, schizoaffective, psychosis, disorganization, mental illness

Author

Aliice In Wonderland
Aliice In Wonderland

MA



About
My name is Aliice, I'm hoping to preserve my writing as much as I can before nothing makes sense anymore. more..

Writing