1. Take me away

1. Take me away

A Chapter by Sarah
"

Song by Avril Lavigne- Jan is tired of living a lie and comes out to her best friend Kate.

"
 She stared into the darkness, her friend asked her meet her here. She willingly agreed since her friend had been acting odd. She leaned against the street lamp and saw a baby faced boy walk up to her. His brown bangs hung low almost covering his eyes.

"What are you doing out here alone?" Asked the boy, he now was looking at Katie. In the dead of the night she would recognize those eyes anywhere. She looked closer and saw a small scar on the boy's face on his left eye brow...exactly where her friend had one.

"Jan??" She asked tentatively.

"Hey Kate." She looked at her friend in front of her, no longer did she hold her long wavy curls or the skinny clothes, nor did she have anything but a flat chest. Before her stood a 5'9'' boy, with the purest blue eyes and haphazardly chopped hair that was messy but suited her.

"What did you do to your self?" She found her self asking before she registered what she said. She saw a frown appear on her friends face as she turned to leave.

"Jan wait!" She reached out and grabbed her friends fore arm. She would demand an answer after having to sneak out just to meet her.

"I knew you wouldn't understand." Her friends velvety voice was now lower.

"Then help me, because I don't understand why my beautiful friend would do this to her self. You look like a guy." Katie sat next to Jan on the side walk.

"That's because I am a guy. I was born in the wrong body and hate the body I was born in. My whole life I felt like a guy and could relate to a guy but I was always a girl. I guess to sum it up I am a FTM...Female to male transgender." Katie sat shocked on the side walk, she never would of guessed.

"Jan why didn't you tell me before?" Kate saw the scars on the back of her neck when she leaned her head forward.

"Tell you what? That I hated my self? That I never felt right? That I never liked guys like I do girls. Everything about me is a guy but my equipment." Kate laid a hand on Jans shoulder, thinking back noticing the signs. Her friend hate dresses with a passion and her dress style wasn't girly it was rugged, when ever we talked of boys she would just tell me I was being silly and that wasn't how a guy acted. She had known how they acted. In that moment Kate realized the effect this had to of had on Jan for years. Then she thought to the cuts on her neck.

"How did you cope with it? Is that what the cuts on your neck for?" Her eyes were blazing feeling if the summer night just got hotter by the intensity of the look she... he was giving me.

"You know nothing of the pain it is to be dressed and have to act like a girl." I had to help him.

"Well from now on you will be known as. What is your name?" He looked at his hands.

"I didn't think that far all I knew was that I couldn't take being a girl anymore."

"That’s perfectly acceptable. How about Drew Leo Dawson?" He looked to me with his sloppy grin that just looked right.

"Sounds like music." I stood and held out my hand. He looked at me questioningly.

"Come on we have to fix that disaster of hair." He took my hand and walked with me back to my house. It was hard knowing my best girl friend was gone but Drew would and could still be the same. We arrived at the house and he helped me climb the tree and slip into my room. I lead him toward the bathroom and grabbed the shears.

"You trust me?" He just nodded. I began to shorten and layer some spots and even out others, it took me a half hour and it was well past midnight but I thought he looked good. I brushed the remaining hair away and then saw him check him self out in the mirror, he turned and smiled at me before giving me a hug.

"You can stay here the night." He nodded and started to itch at his back. I sighed.

"Shirt off." His eyes narrowed at me.

"Its nothing I haven’t seen before." I threw him a loose t-shirt and went into my room to get changed. I was sitting on the bad waiting for him. He came out his hair was ruffled and he looked stressed.

"Whats wrong." He mumbled something.

"Huh?" He sighed and sat next to me on the bed.

"I hate these things." I chuckled and bit back my laugh when I saw the anguish in his face.

"One day, You will be who you originally were. But until then you look fine the way you are. Tomorrow I will take you shopping." His face went to disgusted but I playfully glared at him and he just laid down. I laid next to him and watched as the moonlight played off of his soft features.

"Kate?" I was drowsing off when he asked this.

"Mmm?"

"Thanks." I just snuggled closer to him and slept.



© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know this may come off as an odd topic to most but please read all the way through. Please review as I would like to know your thoughts.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2011
Last Updated on February 6, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah