You Can't Breathe, But Your Breathing

You Can't Breathe, But Your Breathing

A Story by Theresa Del Donna
"

Written May 7th, 2014 If you have anxiety you should definitely read this!

"
Too many people, your beginning to feel anxious. Why does it feel like every one is staring at you? you wonder to yourself. Are they really staring at you or are they staring at the people around you? Your beginning to shake, your sweating. They are watching you aren't they? Have a nervous break down in front of everyone surrounded around you. This is how youfeel every day. Its not always people though. It could be anything. Sometimes when you think of yourself as invisible you feel better. They can't see you, it's going to be okay. But today's different. Your panicking and you don't know why. You can't breathe, but your breathing. Your breathing heavy just to know your there. To know you haven't stopped, to know you are okay. You can't stay there. What if they do see you for just moment, see you at your worst. You go to your escape, the bathroom. You have five minutes. You know you can't stay long, people will come looking for you. You didn't even have to go to the bathroom, you just needed to get away. There's no one to save you, only you can save yourself. Your in this alone, you can't run home every time this happens, and you have no magical pills in your purse. You can't tell anyone, they wouldn't understand, they would freak. You put your brave face on, you take a deep breath, and you imagine the people around you getting smaller like a picture frame re-sizing itself to fit the smallest picture. You walk in the crowded room, you sit down and tell yourself its going to be okay, for now you say. It goes away, but it's not the end says your anxiety.

© 2014 Theresa Del Donna


Author's Note

Theresa Del Donna
Thanks for reading this. I suffer from anxiety so if your going through this too I feel you! Share with your friends.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014
Tags: anxiety, crying, breathing, hurt, anxious, hopeless, useless, ugly, depressed