Another Hopeless Fairytale Daydream

Another Hopeless Fairytale Daydream

A Story by Sarah

As I lie restless in my bed once again, I imagine a fairytale. A fairytale of where my life makes sense. A fairytale of where my life has purpose. A place where I can be myself without having to worry about the way I look and be someone I'm not just to fit in. A place where I wont have to worry about being left behind because I never will be. A life where I won't have to be afraid to close my eyes and open them just to realize that everything and everyone I have ever loved has left without a doubt in their mind or even a care in the world. Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. But I know that I'll soon have to awake from my fairytale daydream and live my life waiting and wondering for when my knight in shining armour will save me from this frightening nightmare we call reality.

© 2015 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again, if it's based off of experience there isn't much I can say.

If not, you did a great job at capturing the inner turmoil of looking ahead at life. Sadly life is never like that. Only the strong survive. The rest are left to rot in the dust...or on welfare with 7 kids from 8 guys. Or for the weakest of the weak, dead in a gutter.

Great men(and women) are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Howdy
This is an excellent start to an essay. I personally love essays and I have one on this site and more on another. Essays are a great way to give your dreams to others in a way that lets us see things in a different way than we have seen before. I love your sentence: A place where I can be myself without having to worry about the way I look and be someone I am not just to fit in. (I edited out a repetitive word) That sentence reminds me of this video which is a TED talk that I have nothing to do with but I think you would enjoy. www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHHPNMIK-fY
There were a couple other spots that could use some work, one of the things I do to edit my work is to read the work out loud sometimes when you have trouble saying the words out loud you can change it so that it flows more smoothly. When I was 15 I used creative writing to get a passing grade in highschool. That is another story.
Let me know I would be glad to review this with more suggestions.
Renvek


Posted 9 Years Ago


These are some of the things I imagine someday my life will be like. I'm sure everyone has some hopes and dreams... Well these are some of mine. I know many people may relate to how I picture my dreamworld. Feel free to comment how ever you feel I don't mind whether good or bad.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 17, 2015
Tags: Fairytale, daydream, wish, nightmare, life, sadness, hope, purpose, restless

Author

Sarah
Sarah

Oswego, NY



About
Hi! My name is Sarah. I am currently 15 years old, and i'm a sophomore in highschool. I am also very interested in Creative Writing. more..

Writing