Whispering Howler

Whispering Howler

A Story by Eleos Achlys
"

The music targets whoever gets stricken by its tune.

"
I whisked away the beat of my six tuned feet and met the comfort of my bed. Sounds are wandering about in my head again and I'm not so sure who to listen to anymore. They've always told me to get a grip and silence whatever makes an absurd sound but I don't think it will ever be possible for me to stay silent and hold my ground.
What is an absurd sound? I have no idea. Maybe it's because I think all sounds are absurd, but I like it that way. Absurd sounds tell stories and stories make me oblivious that reality is overpowering the fantasy I always dream about.
And then, there's music. The only sound that holds my ground. The only sound that makes me stay. The only sound that makes me sane. The only sound that rejects absurdness and insanity, only to be realized that the music itself is definitely made from insanity and absurdness by the composer himself. What can we say? Something beautiful comes from something ludicrous.
It's days like these that Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor "Fate", Op. 67, 1808 sweeps me away like a common knight sweeps away his damsel in distress. The insanity of it all, yet it makes me so calm. Thy opus speaks to me like a baby speaks to her mother: No words but exceptional meaning. I feel as though I am being cradled to my sanity and everything falls into place once more.

This has been, yet again, the magical power of music moving my stillness, strumming my rib cage, tingling every vessel and flowing through my veins.

The masterpiece ends.

I race myself to greet the world, ready to be battled, bruised and beaten, only to find out that my own madness strikes me again. So I sweep away in fear and let Mozart take me away.

© 2016 Eleos Achlys


Author's Note

Eleos Achlys
I wasn't expecting to write this but I'm glad I did.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It was a strong, determined piece of writing. Yes, if it wasn't for someone's insanity, the world would have been the same as it was back in the 1900's. But sometimes, things may be pushed a bit too far and i want to warn you about that.

Yet again, beautiful writing. Hope you have a nice day!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It was a strong, determined piece of writing. Yes, if it wasn't for someone's insanity, the world would have been the same as it was back in the 1900's. But sometimes, things may be pushed a bit too far and i want to warn you about that.

Yet again, beautiful writing. Hope you have a nice day!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like what you said about sounds. I totally agree.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: music, love, life, depression, light, dark, impression, finish, cry, sob, opus, Beethoven, Mozart

Author

Eleos Achlys
Eleos Achlys

Beverly Hills, CA



About
If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. more..

Writing
Shut Up Shut Up

A Poem by Eleos Achlys