Tomorrow

Tomorrow

A Story by For Lack Of Paper
"

Flash Fiction about domestic violence (<250 Words)

"

I felt the sting of his hand slapping my face again...tears streamed from my eyes again...I've got to stop crying in front of him, I need to look strong.

 

 "I'm sorry." I whispered. I couldn't manage anything louder, and hated myself for it.

 

 "Go back to the kitchen, and make something decent ! I don't work all day so you can take my money and do nothing!"

 

 I rushed to the kitchen and tried to find something to make...I could barely see through the tears, but I had to be quick or he'd hit me more. I found some steak and started cooking.

 

 I couldn't take this any more... I had to leave him. Tonight I'd pack my things while he's sleeping, and tomorrow I'll leave while he's at work...tomorrow, I could start a new life, and find a man that would treat me right.

 

 I planned it all out while cooking, wiping my tears away; my hurt was replaced by anger. How could he do this to me ?

 

 He came in while I was dishing up the steak. I turned to face him, full of anger... And stopped. He was crying more than I'd been, his eyes were painfully red.

 

 "I'm sorry baby...it was my fault," he opened his arms and sniffed, "I'll never do it again, I promise. Don't leave me... I love you."

 

 I took a hesitant step forward...then broke down in his arms, "I'm sorry....I'm sorry....I wont..I love you too.... I'm sorry."

© 2012 For Lack Of Paper


Author's Note

For Lack Of Paper
Feel free to leave whatever type of review/comment you'd like

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012

Author

For Lack Of Paper
For Lack Of Paper

Australia



About
I'm writing for fun and creative practise :D check out some of my writings at my website if you'd like more..

Writing