depression

depression

A Story by fountainpen

DEPRESSION


       I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with depression. I experience anxiety. I suffer from panic attacks whenever I'm outside , he said. He sees these worms  all the time. They never stop growing - getting bigger and bigger everyday. So does the distress and frustration that comes along with it. Sleeping is his only form of escapism. All that he wants to do is to close his eyes and sleep. His name is John and he is depressed.


       Doctocs cannot help you John. They are paid a fortune to be a part of a guessing game. Get a religion and free your mind. It does not matter which god, deity or interstellar being you choose to adopt. Free your mind and think outside of the boundaries that traps both your mind and soul - within this physical entity, that in aggregate, forms your imprisoned self.


       It is not just about the pills that you swallow or the insufficient advice given by insincere psychiatrists. It begins with you John. Do something about this “disease” of yours. Do something about your mind. Do something about your life. Do something about yourself. Stop waiting and hoping for non-existent empty promises. Do something John. Do something now.

© 2011 fountainpen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011
Tags: depression, people

Author

fountainpen
fountainpen

Singapore



About
im not very good at writing but i do. i love mechanical watches. i play the guitar. more..

Writing