She that is Love

She that is Love

A Poem by Alexander Fox

Love is simply Chemistry, Anatomy, Biology, and Stupidity all ganging up on you at once. That's what makes it so beautiful! The logicless simplicity, and the natural wonder of the thing!!! The problem is that in this world of now, of Ipod's, Computers and Television, no one looks for nature, simplicity, or wonder any longer. So Love has found itself lost but sought, unwanted yet craved, degraded and still worshipped. And so now the question is "how do we find Love?" It has not gone missing but it cannot be found, it has not perished yet it is not among the living, and it has not ascended though it is seen by only His Eyes. Now one must ask if Love's twin Lust is an apt substitute, and must find the answer to be no if one is true to their soul. So we must create Love. We must summon her grace from limbo! We must petition her release from the abyss! And, most importantly, we must seek out His Eyes, so that we may find the direction of Love. And once we have her, once she has been found and calmed and restored to her place of Honor, we must hold her close to our chests, and never let her leave us again.

© 2009 Alexander Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love, Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy, Stupidity, Ipods, Computer, Television, His Eyes, Lust, Honor, and all the first words in a sentence are capitalized. Capitalization shows importance. Love, and her parts( the sciences+stupidity) are obviously important as the theme of the piece. Ipods, Computer, Television and Lust are modern worldly values. His Eyes is a reference to God, who i believe is closest to Love by a literal relationship, i believe that Love is the female to gods masculinity. Honor is my most important value. Explain that?

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this, and pretty much agree with it, especially when you said "So Love has found itself lost but sought, unwanted yet craved, degraded and still worshipped. And so now the question is "how do we find Love?" It has not gone missing but it cannot be found, it has not perished yet it is not among the living"
It could probably be thought out and organized better, but it's still pretty clear. I don't understand why some words are randomly capitalized, or why you said "His Eyes" then refer to love as "she".

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009

Author

Alexander Fox
Alexander Fox

Murrieta, CA



About
Ah, it is the fault of science that it wants to explain all; and if it explains not, then it says there is nothing to explain. -Bram Stoker There is but one freedom, to put oneself right with.. more..

Writing