Red Hair

Red Hair

A Story by foxfly_grace
"

Just a little writing I did when thinking about a girl I liked at a time.

"
“Justin. Justin, hey,” I blinked, looking up at the girl in front of me. She had reddish hair, wide eyes, and was smiling ever so lightly at me. I pulled my headphones of my ears and leaned back into the chair. “Sorry, I was a little distracted. What do you need?” I folded my hands over my chest and watched her lips move as she spoke. “I have a little question for you,” she bit her lip, out of nervousness, and continued. “You’ve only got a month left of school, and prom’s already done and over with. I understand if you’ll say no, I’m sure you’re really busy, but I was wondering if you’d like to go on a date?” She watched me intently, almost as if she could see the gears running in my mind. I could feel that I was a little flushed, my eyes watching her as well as thoughts flew in my mind. She’s asking me? On a date? What did I do? Is this some kind of joke? What’s going on? Frankly, what am I going to say? I watched her, knowing I was taking far too long to reply. I could see a little worry in her eyes, and finally knew she was telling the truth. I smiled, finally, and sat up, regaining as much composure as I could. “Sure. I’ll go with you.” She smiled and nodded to me, “Okay, here’s my number, we’ll plan it out tonight.” I took the paper and smiled as she bounced back to her seat. I looked at the numbers written out sweetly on the paper, and slipped it into my pocket. I put my headphones back on, and was shocked to hear the song I was listening to hadn’t changed. In fact, it was exactly where I left it when I took my headphones off. I didn’t pause it. I just slipped them off. I looked up, saw she wasn’t in her seat. She wasn’t even in the room. But I had watched her sit down, did she leave in my confusion? I quickly remembered the paper, and checked my pockets. All empty. I rubbed my eyes and looked up, and nothing had changed. I checked my pockets again, and nothing had changed. I sighed and started to work on my music once again. “Only another daydream.” I murmured.

© 2013 foxfly_grace


Author's Note

foxfly_grace
Feel free to comment! I'd love some reviews :) I like to do lyrics more often, but I love this too, so I will post these occasionally.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

headphones (off) my ears

Now that was pretty clever foxy. I certainly didn't see the surprise end coming.
I like your natural use of dialogue and you've described your characters quite well.

Good job, I enjoyed reading it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2013
Last Updated on December 23, 2013
Tags: Love, Confusion, Daydream, Longing, Strange, Thinking, Guy, Girl, Happy, Sad, Emotions, Loving, Wanting

Author

foxfly_grace
foxfly_grace

Sundown, TX



About
Just a guy who enjoys writing. Lyrics, writing anything. more..

Writing
Esbreon Esbreon

A Poem by foxfly_grace